Question Firmware rollback and remove AutoRCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by fadafwet, Sep 26, 2018.

1. fadafwet
    OP

fadafwet Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Canada
    Hi

I had a 3.01 switch and I update it to 5.1 using the choidujour nx software without burning any fuse.
    the update seem to work fine. By doing so the autoRCM have been activated so the fuse checking would be skip

Now I would like to know If I want to go back to my 3.01 version and disable auto RCM what should I do ? From what I have read the only firmware version it's safe to remove auto rcm is the versions that are having the same fuse level as mine which is 4 so that mean it would be safe fo remove auto rcm on version 3.01 or 3.02
    https://switchbrew.org/w/index.php?title=Fuses#Anti-downgrade

Should I install 3.01 using ChoiDuJourNX and disable the autorcm (is there any option to remove it) ? will that work and would that do any harm to my console ?
    Should I restore a backup I made before whan I was running 3.01 ?
    Can I use the remove AutoRCM option in SX OS ?
    Is there any other best method I should use ?

I have read a lot of topic refering to go back to previous version but not very much on removing autorcm
    If you can help me with that I would appreciate it.

Thank you

2. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    I wish someone responded as I'm looking for an answer to this exact question

3. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    install a backup on 3.0.1

4. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    I did just the same thing you are doing except from 4.0.1 updated to 6.0.

Just use hekate to restore your 3.0.1 NAND and boot0/1 backups and you'll be back to your original firmware without auto rcm

I would not try to downgrade using ChoidujourNX as some of the games or updates installed on 5.1 may not be compatible with 3.0.1 and could give you a bad time.

Last edited by eskinner3742, Nov 4, 2018
  5. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2014
    United States
    Restoring a nand I assume wipes all saves?

6. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    If you did a full nand backup then you will have saves up to the point of the nand dump. If you did just the system partition your back up does not include the user profiles or saves.

You can use Edison or checkpoint to back up your current game save data before restoring your nand.