Hacking Firmware in Fire Emblem XL bundle

Green Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am looking to get a 4.5 firmware XL for use with the gateway 3ds.
I was considering the fire emblem design because I like both the design and the game.
Does anyone know with which firmware it shipped in Europe ?
The game was released on the 19th of April so 5.1 was already out, but knowing Ninty's history of updating consoles (most recent bundles are just 5.1), it should be fine, right?

Thanks ;)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to get a 4.5 firmware XL for use with the gateway 3ds.
I was considering the fire emblem design because I like both the design and the game.
Does anyone know with which firmware it shipped in Europe ?
The game was released on the 19th of April so 5.1 was already out, but knowing Ninty's history of updating consoles (most recent bundles are just 5.1), it should be fine, right?

Thanks ;)

I didn't think they did the fire emblem bundle with an XL (not in the US anyways)....I think it was just a standard 3DS.....the ones in the us were not at 5.1 and no there is always a lead time in manufacturing so it won't have 5.1 if it was procuded in April....In the US it wasn't until the AC bundle released in June that they started shipping with 5.1.

Green Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We actually got an XL in Europe, to compensate for the long wait. I think I will give it a shot, I seriously doubt that Nintendo had the time to put 5.0 on them in less than a month time.

1wsBQ.jpg

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm also wondering about getting this bundle for 4.5 although I got one 5.1.
I got an old 3ds who is still on 4.5.

Getting this console might not be worth it as what you think what you have missed as preorder bonus. And its about $20 more.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We actually got an XL in Europe, to compensate for the long wait. I think I will give it a shot, I seriously doubt that Nintendo had the time to put 5.0 on them in less than a month time.

1wsBQ.jpg

Damn...totally jelous...see EU doesn't get totally hosed all the time......It would be very unusual for Nintendo to have the latest firmware on a unit that came out 2 weeks after 5.1 released....just not enough lead time for production, distribution, ect. I don't know how your return policies are in your region but in the US if you buy from major big box stores like Target, Walmart, Best Buy they have very liberal return policies on everything that isn't software. So I would try to by someone that will let you return it if you need to. You will have missed out on the DLC but I would say if the price is still within reason I would go for it because FE is an awesome game and special edition hardware always holds its value better.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, I got the US bundle and it was on 4.5 (there was also no redemption code for FE, only for the DS :( ).

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is also stupid that you can play fire emblem on the gateway
On the other side it is just one game on one sd card.

If you're us was on 4.5. Then so probably will also eu.
Hm I might consider it.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is also stupid that you can play fire emblem on the gateway
On the other side it is just one game on one sd card.

If you're us was on 4.5. Then so probably will also eu.
Hm I might consider it.
Why wouldn't you be able to play FE on the Gateway? I thought it supported ALL games to date?

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why wouldn't you be able to play FE on the Gateway? I thought it supported ALL games to date?

I said that you can not can't.
Not it is just that you can play this already on Gateway if you got it on digital.

I read that there are people with corrupted savegames by Fire Emblem.
It is mayby the best to play this on digital.

Reactions: jastolze

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It comes with FW 4.5 or below.

I asked its seller by email when I was choosing XL for myself and got a confirmation. Unfortunately, I don't remember their exact answer, but it was in 4.x range for sure.
I ended up choosing silver XL + FE:A cart over the bundle because although I like the game, I didn't like the blue color and GW team stated that we'll have to update FW to 4.5 using retail cart (which turned out to be false as people have been updating using 3DS ROMs on GW3DS); my silver XL came with FW 4.3.0.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm ordering it will come by monday. Until then I'll confirm 4.5.
What date was the us release? The same as eu?

This guy's from europe and he says it came with 4.5:

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hm. Think I need to cancel this. Don't know if it will be in stock anyway.
But as seems the eu version will be probably 4.5. Like the game is 4.5.

I got a normal 3ds 4.5. Otherwise it would be a waste of money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho