peter19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.
rolleyes.gif

I've bought a DSI last christmas and got a flashcard from an online auction site.

At the time, I really didn't know anything about the flashcards and since the price was cheap (25 euros with an 8gb micro sd card included - that's about 30 dollars) and the delivery was fast I went for it.

My card is a "R4i Gold" and this website is written on it: http://r4igold.cn/

I don't know much about it but I'm preety sure it's one of those "clone" cards and not the real r4 deal.

My card is a v1.4 cad so, according to their download page, http://r4igold.cn/downloade.asp the latest firmware (which I'm using) is from January.

I've been noticing that newly released games don't work with my card (Sonic classic collection, shin megami tensei strange journey, etc).

My questions are:

Is there any other firmware that will work on my flashcard and that will aloow me to play these games?

Thanks a lot for your help!
yaywii.gif

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a R4 original, and R4i gold oddly there seems to be two of the R4i Gold both claiming the other is the fake?

Any thing that isn't a original R4 is a clone, fyi the original R4 can only use 2gb sd cards.

The only other firmware that might work is Ysmenu, And the reason your having trouble with your games is because of AP aka Anti piracy they are adding into games now to keep people from using roms. People make patch's and action replay codes to to get around AP keep in mind that take's time to make weeks if not months some times.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Both kernels for that gold card work on a real DSTT, you shouldn't have any problems running ysmenu or even the no fake killer dstt kernel.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
DON'T EVER run the fake-killer version. The fake-killing code isn't a form of DRM... it's altogether more sinister.

The code actually slowly kills your flashcart if it's not a real DSTT. Seriously.

There's no difference between the versions with or without the fake-killer code except for the code itself. Just use the fake-killer-free version.

peter19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!

First of all let me thank you guys for your fast and great replies to my thread!

I've tried to set up that YSMENU just like the guide in the forum told me to but my flashcard can't start, it just flashes once and stays white. The only think I didn't follow on the guide was a step (17a I think) that was only for clone cards. Since I didn't know if I should or not do that step I didn,'t. Mabe I should?

I didn't try the DSTT firmware yet. If I do I should use the fake-killer free version?

If I can get either YSMenu or DSTT firmware will I be able to update it frequently so I can play some of the newer games?

thanks again, guys!

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
peter19 said:
I've tried to set up that YSMENU just like the guide in the forum told me to but my flashcard can't start, it just flashes once and stays white. The only think I didn't follow on the guide was a step (17a I think) that was only for clone cards. Since I didn't know if I should or not do that step I didn,'t. Mabe I should?

Did you follow the R4 or DSTT guide for ysmenu? You should follow the DSTT guide.

QUOTEI didn't try the DSTT firmware yet. If I do I should use the fake-killer free version?

Yes

Edit: Just follow this guide for dstt, although it is outdated.

peter19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bennyroger said:
For DSTT menus here is a ready renamed and uploaded file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGBX8V2A
Its completely safe for your card. infolib.dat, exinfo.dat and savelib.dat can be updated by downloading pong's files in the R4 section. Just replace the old dat files in the TTMENU folder.

Thanks a lot for this! I've backup up my firmware files and tried these out (I updated the files first from pong's post) and everything works great! All the other games that worked still do and I can now play shin megami tensei strange journey with no problem (the save data isn't corrupt anymore)! Sonic Classic Collection doesn't work but I guess it'll take a bit more time for the updates to make it work.

Now I can always update my files through pong's post, right?

Thanks a lot guys! You're the best!
gbasp.gif

jezza98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed what bennyroger said to do + i updated the files but when i try to acess it it gets stuck at "Loading" please help me.

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then you don't have the card from r4igold.cn which is a dstt clone, if your card says loading with a black background you may have an acekard clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning