Firmware Downgrader: error changing region code

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by x5nder, May 16, 2009.

May 16, 2009
  1. x5nder
    OP

Newcomer x5nder Member

Netherlands
    Yesterday I tried to run Firmware Downgrader v1.11 on my PAL 4.0 Wii. I am trying to convert my Wii to NTSC.

Upon loading Firmware Downgrader I first chose System Menu 4.0U, which, after about 7 or 8 minutes, installed correctly. Then Firmware Downgrader told me to change the region too, to prevent a semi-brick. However, upon entering 'A' I got this error:

Changing Wii region code, please wait... ERROR! (ret=-102)
    Cleaning
    Firmware installation FAILED!

To not end up with a semi-brick, I immediately flashed System Menu 4.0E again. At the end of the flashing process it asks me:

Change Wii shop country code?

While I know that it still has the correct region, I was curious to see if I could change it this time around, but pressing 'A' only gave me:

ERROR: Could not receive current country code! (ret=-24580)

What is going on??? Do I have an incorrect IOS or is it my WiiKey that is fucking up the system region??? Anyone?

2. x5nder
    OP

Newcomer x5nder Member

Netherlands
    Hmm. Seeing as nobody has a clue; is there any way to generate a list of all installed IOSes (and their version id's) so I can see if that causes the problem? Or even better, is there any way of directing Waninkoko directly through email?

3. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't know the answer to this, but I would recommend installing Bootmii; make a NAND save, then experiment the hell out of it.

4. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just push b for the shop channel and country code if u installed the system menu for your region