Firmware Downgrader: error changing region code

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by x5nder, May 16, 2009.

1. x5nder
    OP

x5nder Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yesterday I tried to run Firmware Downgrader v1.11 on my PAL 4.0 Wii. I am trying to convert my Wii to NTSC.

Upon loading Firmware Downgrader I first chose System Menu 4.0U, which, after about 7 or 8 minutes, installed correctly. Then Firmware Downgrader told me to change the region too, to prevent a semi-brick. However, upon entering 'A' I got this error:

Changing Wii region code, please wait... ERROR! (ret=-102)
    Cleaning
    Firmware installation FAILED!

To not end up with a semi-brick, I immediately flashed System Menu 4.0E again. At the end of the flashing process it asks me:

Change Wii shop country code?

While I know that it still has the correct region, I was curious to see if I could change it this time around, but pressing 'A' only gave me:

ERROR: Could not receive current country code! (ret=-24580)

What is going on??? Do I have an incorrect IOS or is it my WiiKey that is fucking up the system region??? Anyone?

2. x5nder
    OP

x5nder Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hmm. Seeing as nobody has a clue; is there any way to generate a list of all installed IOSes (and their version id's) so I can see if that causes the problem? Or even better, is there any way of directing Waninkoko directly through email?

3. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't know the answer to this, but I would recommend installing Bootmii; make a NAND save, then experiment the hell out of it.

4. blitzer320

blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    just push b for the shop channel and country code if u installed the system menu for your region