Hacking Firmware Downgrader: error changing region code

x5nder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I tried to run Firmware Downgrader v1.11 on my PAL 4.0 Wii. I am trying to convert my Wii to NTSC.

Upon loading Firmware Downgrader I first chose System Menu 4.0U, which, after about 7 or 8 minutes, installed correctly. Then Firmware Downgrader told me to change the region too, to prevent a semi-brick. However, upon entering 'A' I got this error:

Changing Wii region code, please wait... ERROR! (ret=-102)
Cleaning
Firmware installation FAILED!

To not end up with a semi-brick, I immediately flashed System Menu 4.0E again. At the end of the flashing process it asks me:

Change Wii shop country code?

While I know that it still has the correct region, I was curious to see if I could change it this time around, but pressing 'A' only gave me:

ERROR: Could not receive current country code! (ret=-24580)

What is going on??? Do I have an incorrect IOS or is it my WiiKey that is fucking up the system region??? Anyone?

x5nder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm. Seeing as nobody has a clue; is there any way to generate a list of all installed IOSes (and their version id's) so I can see if that causes the problem? Or even better, is there any way of directing Waninkoko directly through email?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know the answer to this, but I would recommend installing Bootmii; make a NAND save, then experiment the hell out of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: