United States

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Firmware Downgrade Mod is better than the original one, and becuase it resolves the '-102' error, it will be a faster system menu region changing.

I'll upload to the GBAtemp Download Centre soon.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here's a We Brew Wii mirror: (no registration required)
HERE

Enjoy
yaynds.gif

CubeRaider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Firmware Downgrade Mod is better than the original one, and becuase it resolves the '-102' error, it will be a faster system menu region changing.
Excellent. :-)

QUOTE(wiiman123 @ Sep 20 2009, 02:27 PM) Here's a We Brew Wii mirror: (no registration required)
Thanks for the helpful link!

Has anyone tried this mod yet? The latest version just came out a couple days ago and I'm not sure how well Attila has been able to test it.

CubeRaider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
I'll try that mod soon.
Excellent. I was prepping to change my region today, but since any problem with the Firmware Downgrader step will likely cause a brick, I won't mind waiting to hear your results. :-)

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CubeRaider said:
antonkan said:
I'll try that mod soon.
Excellent. I was prepping to change my region today, but since any problem with the Firmware Downgrader step will likely cause a brick, I won't mind waiting to hear your results. :-)
Well, it will brick your Wii if you unplug the AC Adpater of your Wii while installing the system menu. Please don't unplug the Wii AC Apdapter. Other than that, system menu region changing won't brick your Wii.

So do you have BootMii installed? BootMii is the brick protection for Wii.

CubeRaider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
Well, it will brick your Wii if you unplug the AC Adpater of your Wii while installing the system menu. Please don't unplug the Wii AC Apdapter. Other than that, system menu region changing won't brick your Wii.

So do you have BootMii installed? BootMii is the brick protection for Wii.
Yes, I have BootMii installed as an IOS, which means I that if I brick my Wii, I need Preloader to access BootMii via HBC, correct? However, installing a new System Menu will overwrite Preloader, hence my concern. :-/

Hehe, I'll try to remember not to be an idiot by unplugging my Wii during critical steps. :-D

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I already tested the Firmware Downgrader mod and I can confirm it will not brick your Wii. But please don't unplug the AC Adpater unless you turn off your Wii.

I'll upload this to the GBAtemp Download Centre soon.

CubeRaider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
I already tested the Firmware Downgrader mod and I can confirm it will not brick your Wii. But please don't unplug the AC Adpater unless you turn off your Wii.
Wow, that was quick. Thanks!

antonkan said:
QUOTE(CubeRaider @ Sep 20 2009, 06:19 PM) Yes, I have BootMii installed as an IOS, which means I that if I brick my Wii, I need Preloader to access BootMii via HBC, correct?
No, it's not correct.
Oh, that's good to hear. What part of my understanding is incorrect. How else can I access BootMii (installed as IOS) if my Wii is bricked without Preloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0