Hacking firmware 3.2e

Gumba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to know this too. I've just sent my Wii to Nintendo. And I'm getting a new Wii in a few days. But I think I have to update it again. Will it update to the newest firmware automatically or does it ask me everytime it's gonna install a newer version? I hope it's the 2nd thing, I've got loads of games here for the backuplauncher, so I hope someone can help me out here.

rally1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
upgrade only seems to be temporary while you config your region then it takes you back to your original firmware

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use Custom IOS Downgrader.. worked well for me, but I was going down from 3.3

I can only assume it works from earlier versions to update, but someone else might be able to correct me on this

*edit*
BL4Z seems to confirm it
smile.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I did just yesterday, was installing the ios30 wad and the systemmenu wad with wad installer. Both wads can be obtained by extracting them with wiiscrubber from the recovery disc made by bushing.
All of those files are easily obtainable on the net after a little search.

If you decide to use this method, (I used it as I was told it would be one of the safest) make sure you istall the ios first and then the systemmenu.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
What I did just yesterday, was installing the ios30 wad and the systemmenu wad with wad installer. Both wads can be obtained by extracting them with wiiscrubber from the recovery disc made by bushing.

If you decide to use this method, (I used it as I was told it would be one of the safest) make sure you istall the ios first and then the systemmenu.
huh?
blink.gif

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BL4Z3D247 said:
FRanatic said:

huh?
blink.gif

I understand you didn't quite get my instructions ?

1) Grab a hold of the recovery disc by bushing. Make sure you get the right one for your region !! There's a link on hackmii.com
2) Grab a hold of wiiscrubber
3) Use wiscrubber to extract the ios30.wad and systemmenu.wad from the recovery disc and put them in the WAD folder on the root of a sd card
4) Start up WadManager
5) Install ios30.wad with WadManager
6) Install systemmenu.wad with WadManager
7) Exit WadManager
8) Check your version in the system setting menu.
9) Conclude you are on 3.2e
10) Congratulate yourself and grab a beer

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
FRanatic said:

huh?
blink.gif

1) Grab a hold of the recovery disc by bushing. Make sure you get the right one for your region !! There's a link on hackmii.com
3) Use wiscrubber to extract the ios30.wad and systemmenu.wad from the recovery disc and put them in the WAD folder on the root of a sd card
4) Start up WadManager
7) Exit WadMa nager

Awesome
bow.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FRanatic said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
FRanatic said:

huh?
blink.gif

4) Start up WadManager
7) Exit WadManager
ok but that seems like a lot to do compared to just running cIOS downgrader v1.2... i mean the only thing you have to be aware of is matching the system menu's region to your wii's region

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
It is pointless running a complete system downgrade when all you need to do is install two wads.

The recovery disc method is much safer (although finding a retail disc with 3.2 on it would probably be the safest).

Also cIOS downgrader requires an internet connection - installing the wads doesn't.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
It is pointless running a complete system downgrade when all you need to do is install two wads.

The recovery disc method is much safer (although finding a retail disc with 3.2 on it would probably be the safest).

Also cIOS downgrader requires an internet connection - installing the wads doesn't.
very good points *eats words*

Josie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FRanatic said:

I can't find the recovery disc... Can you tell me where is it? I did a search on hackmii.com but just found the recovery dongle post.

Anyway, does your method leaves my homebrew channell apps there?

EDIT:
Found the files on console-scene.info and FRanatic method is PERFECT. thanks now I'm on 3.2e

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-