Fire Emblem Fates Save Files Transfering Help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by InjusticeBoy, Feb 9, 2017.

1. InjusticeBoy
    OP

InjusticeBoy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    So I have a 2DS with a9lh+luma and a 3DS with rxtools. I've been trying to transfer my progress of Conquest from the 3DS to the 2DS.
    What I used:
    -JK's SaveManager
    -FreeShop (Downloaded Conquest on my 2DS here)
    -FBI (Installed Conquest and JK on my 3DS)
    -2 Consoles with SD Cards
    -PC
    What I did:
    First, I went to my 3DS' JK's SaveManager and exported all save data successfully to a folder called "FE:C Save Files" just to identify which save data I'm using. I placed the 3DS' SD Card in my PC and copied the folder on my desktop, removed it and placed my 2DS' SD Card. Then, I copied my 6 files, which make up the save data, and placed it in SD/JKSV/Saves/Fire_Emblem_Fates/. I remove the SD Card from the PC and go to my 2DS' JK's SaveManager. I go to "Import SaveData", and I can find all 6 files ready to be imported. I import the files individually. Once finished I went to the game just to find out that what I had done didn't work. I am not sure what is it happening.

What I haven't done:
    - Installing Conquest using the same CIA I used in my 3DS ( I don't really know if it affects).
    - Starting a new game and replacing it with the respective "Chapter" file (For example, if I use the first of the three save files, I should replace it with Chapter0 file).

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I've managed so move my save files successfully between systems and games. I recommend that you start a new game and then replacing and reinjecting. I believe that's what I did. Also make sure that you're injecting the right save folder.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Feb 9, 2017
  3. InjusticeBoy
    OP

InjusticeBoy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    I tried this and the new game progress was gone after importing.

When injecting, is it the folder as a whole or is it each file individually?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    When importing with JKSV, you select folder. Say, for example, when I backed up my Birthright cart, I named it birthright. When you look in the JKSV/Saves/Fire_Emblem_Fates folder, I'll see a birthright folder. When I go to import it, I need to choose the the option that says birthright.

5. InjusticeBoy
    OP

InjusticeBoy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    I meant that neither the save file that I was going to replace nor the 3DS' progress were there. I do know replacing and reimporting work...kind off.
    Well, I don't have my PC right now, so I am going to try when I get to it. Thanks for the replies.

6. InjusticeBoy
    OP

InjusticeBoy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2013
    United States
    Alright, this made the trick. Thanks for your assistance!

KunoichiZ likes this.