Fire Emblem demo removed on eStore

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Memfis, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Memfis
    OP

Memfis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I read, that the Fire Emblem Demo was removed from eStore, but Nintendo announces, that the Demo will be available again. Why was the demo removed? Is there a big bug? An possible expolit? Does anyone know the reason?

I have the demo and I can start the game 10 times :)

2. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Maybe they want to enhance it by giving the user a better experience of what to game is like before someone buys it.

I remember the demo to be quite bland and a terrible example of how good Fire Emblem could be.

3. Saketti

Saketti Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2012
    Finland
    There's a bug in the demo that causes the game to freeze.

First you need to obtain an item called "Leif's Blade" from one of those glowing tiles. In full version of FE:A when you kill an enemy using Leif's Blade you have a small chance of obtaining an item called "Bullion". However, if you obtain Bullion in the demo version the game freezes and you have to reset the demo.

Maybe this was the reason why they removed it from the eShop.

Memfis likes this.
  4. Memfis
    OP

Memfis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the info.

5. DownwardSpyral

DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    Green Hill Zone
    I remember downloading the demo a week ago intending to give it a try, but it wouldn't load after the most recent firmware update. That might also have something to do with it.

soulx likes this.
  6. DownwardSpyral

DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    Green Hill Zone
    The demo is back on the eShop. You'll need to update your firmware to access it.