Finding a PSP 2000...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by lostreverie, Jan 3, 2010.

Jan 3, 2010

Finding a PSP 2000... by lostreverie at 3:16 AM (1,173 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    Is there a reliable way to find a hackable PSP 2000?

First of all, how can I tell which ones are hackable, and which ones aren't? And second, does anyone know any good suppliers? I don't mind searching around used game stores, but if I could get one online, it would be easier.

Thanks!

Update: I read this, so I'm pretty familiar with the ways to tell if a PSP is hackable or not. Does anyone have any more information, know about the bundles or know where to buy this stuff?

2. lad_cali

Newcomer lad_cali Member

United States
    If you live in the US, then try amazon.com, some sellers may ship international but I am not sure which countries they will ship to. There are several bundles that are completely hackble. Daxter bundle, god of war bundle, and star war bundle. Please don't buy Maddle bundle (the blue bundle) as there is a chance you could get a ta088v3 on this bundle.

3. lostreverie
    OP

Newcomer lostreverie Advanced Member

United States
    I'm living in Japan right now--anyone know anything about Japanese bundles? The Star Ocean bundle released in December 2007 should probably be hackable, right?

4. lad_cali

Newcomer lad_cali Member

United States
    I don't know much about japanese bundle, but base on the released date, the star ocean bundle should be fully hackable. Because the mobo ta088v3, can only be found on psp 2000 with firmware 4.01 and higher, and the firmware 4.01 was released on summer 2008. So, if the star ocean bundle was released on 2007, then it must be hackable.

5. ohoni

Newcomer ohoni Advanced Member

United States
    I got mine a few months back and had good luck at Gamestop with their used systems. I just asked if I could try a few out in the store and checked their firmware version. If it has a firmware installed lower than a certain point then you'll be fine. I think you want to look for something bellow 4.0?

6. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    actually in china psp 2000 full hackable with pandora are still avaible to sell [​IMG]
    but all are used inside and external new. they just change all the cover

7. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Then they arent really new..

8. hoist20032002

Member hoist20032002 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought my psp 2000 God of War edition at a Gamestop after looking everywhere for a week after Christmas. It was hell looking for one after the holidays. lol They say that looking for a 2000 model is harder to find these days. I found maybe 4 new 2000 models on E-Bay for like $350.00+ ...So yeah if you want a psp 2000, I suggest possibly using google,e-bay,a pawn shop or a gamestop near by...