Hacking Finding a flashcart, serious help required!!!

ZakDendy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I ordered one last night (from chollomedia - thanks for the help!) so I'm excited for it to arrive! Have got ROMS, and everything is practically set up for me to stick in the cartridge and play haha! I'm so excited now and you guys have been so helpful so yeah! Will keep you posted when it arrives so everyone can get an idea how long it takes for future :-)

It has already been said though but they are stopping the sales of these products in a month or so! I guess that's why they are so cheap, go get it there now!

swam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I ordered one last night (from chollomedia - thanks for the help!) so I'm excited for it to arrive! Have got ROMS, and everything is practically set up for me to stick in the cartridge and play haha! I'm so excited now and you guys have been so helpful so yeah! Will keep you posted when it arrives so everyone can get an idea how long it takes for future :-)

It has already been said though but they are stopping the sales of these products in a month or so! I guess that's why they are so cheap, go get it there now!

Mine took under a week to arrive to the UK. Works really well.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

don't forget to use the client to put them on the sd card previously erased using sda formatter

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The newer firmware officially supports up to 32GB, which I think is complete overkill.

That size would be nice if the EZ4 could do what the M3 Perfect did: NDS games, movies, music, and images.

Most people would just use other devices for those functions though. I got an 8gb for mine.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That size would be nice if the EZ4 could do what the M3 Perfect did: NDS games, movies, music, and images.

Most people would just use other devices for those functions though. I got an 8gb for mine.

a 1GB micro SD holds my entire GBA library, so I don't really have a need for anything more.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

ez4 can be used for nds games.
the old firmwares had nds support, they removed it because nowadays is useless...
i am not sure about the compatibility, but FAST6191, can tell more about this...
however, if you flash an firmware you can use nds mode.. but you will loose sdhc support.. (and NOR may not work propertly on that old firmware)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah DS mode got lost in the shuffle of recent updates for SDHC. Games playable were pretty much all of them up until April 2009 or so (the last patch update) which is quite a few really ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-4.237156/ and the years prior to it) -- my DS mainly gets used to play Tetris and that is what my launch EZ4 has done for the last however many years. Naturally you will need a nopass/DS slot flash cart with the functionality or a flashme modified DS to use the mode.

Also I am not sure if the loader will support the slightly newer hardware in the microSD version, you will definitely lose SDHC support though. I may have some methods to get something done (the loader was fairly well split up between GBA and DS mode) but that will take some fiddling.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah DS mode got lost in the shuffle of recent updates for SDHC. Games playable were pretty much all of them up until April 2009 or so (the last patch update) which is quite a few really ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-4.237156/ and the years prior to it) -- my DS mainly gets used to play Tetris and that is what my launch EZ4 has done for the last however many years. Naturally you will need a nopass/DS slot flash cart with the functionality or a flashme modified DS to use the mode.

Also I am not sure if the loader will support the slightly newer hardware in the microSD version, you will definitely lose SDHC support though. I may have some methods to get something done (the loader was fairly well split up between GBA and DS mode) but that will take some fiddling.

Well, since I still have my M3, I can just use that. I should buy an actual NDS flash cart later, if they still sell those.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to get some kind of wood compatible R4 clone for next to nothing, sadly with the rise of Wood the days of the $4 R4 have gone.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A full, non-clone GBA set is actually ~12Gb. But i seriously think that a 2Gb SD card should ne able to hold all The good games you'll ever want to play.

Yes, for example makes no sense to have the same game on all regions. I think all collection for 1 region + only other region games is about 4GB.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, for example makes no sense to have the same game on all regions. I think all collection for 1 region + only other region games is about 4GB.

No. A full set is ~18Gb uncompressed, iirc. My non-clone set (i.e. all region clones removed) clocks in at about 11Gb. There are no duplicated games and I also tried to remove all games that might be duplicate because they are on a "collection cartridge". But really, as I said - a full set of good games that youre actually going to play will most likely be below 4Gb.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. A full set is ~18Gb uncompressed, iirc. My non-clone set (i.e. all region clones removed) clocks in at about 11Gb. There are no duplicated games and I also tried to remove all games that might be duplicate because they are on a "collection cartridge". But really, as I said - a full set of good games that youre actually going to play will most likely be below 4Gb.
Mine's under 1GB, granted they're all trimmed. I only have about 20 GBA games and there aren't any others that are worth it to me. Even if they were free, I doubt there are any other GBA games I'd get into. It just seems odd to me to have 4GB worth of GBA games. Yeah, there were a lot of games for the GBA, but I can't think of that many good ones.

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine's under 1GB, granted they're all trimmed. I only have about 20 GBA games and there aren't any others that are worth it to me. Even if they were free, I doubt there are any other GBA games I'd get into. It just seems odd to me to have 4GB worth of GBA games. Yeah, there were a lot of games for the GBA, but I can't think of that many good ones.

That's not the full set, just your choices :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Yeah, there's no real point in NDS games on a slot-2 cartridge nowadays, compatibility was spotty and games required patching, also a PassMe/NoPass device or a flashme'd DS was required, which all went away when slot-1 carts came out and no one ever bothered with NDS-mode on slot-2 again.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's no real point in NDS games on a slot-2 cartridge nowadays, compatibility was spotty and games required patching, also a PassMe/NoPass device or a flashme'd DS was required, which all went away when slot-1 carts came out and no one ever bothered with NDS-mode on slot-2 again.

M3 has always been my DS flash cart. Do they still make slot 1 flashcarts?

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to get some kind of wood compatible R4 clone for next to nothing, sadly with the rise of Wood the days of the $4 R4 have gone.
Really curious here as we're apparently on this topic;
I've only heard of an R4, but never used one, so what's the whole thing with "Wood"? And is there any Slot-1 flashcart compatibile with 3DS?
Yeah, kinda a DS newbie. ;>w>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: