markvn

OP
Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I have a question about finding your DSi custom key.
If I place some of my DSi ware games on my SD card and open it in Word, I can see what's inside.
If I would find something (that looks like a key) within all of the games, and replace that code with the one which are in games downloaded from internet, do you think it will work on my DSi then?
Please comment, because me and a friend of me are already searching for a code.

Crazy-S

Pessimist
Trophies
Website
dasbutterschnitzel.com
XP
Country
Germany
I don´t think that finding they key is SO easy as u mean
smileipb2.png

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't you think the DSi would already be cracked by now, if it was this easy? Sadly it's not
tongue.gif

Also the SD-save DSiWare games are incomplete "dumps". Much like transferring a WiiWare game to SD. You need a full dump, also known as a "wad".

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The custom key isn't even stored in your downloads. The file is simply encrypted and can only be read with the common key.

I'll explain it with numbers. Think of your game as the number 5437. Think of your custom key as the number 1543. When the game is downloaded, it's stored as 5437+1543=6980. Now, if another DSi would try to read it with, for example, custom key 2345, the resulting number would be different making the game unplayable. Only your DSi will give the correct number.

Of course it's much more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea. The thing is, the formula is much more difficult (so not just adding numbers, but also dividing and even rounding up) and the game is a lot larger too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt