Finally the DSi

nemofunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aighty, so I have never made a blog post before but I thought I would make a quick one that some could use as a tutorial.

So if you are wondering, the DSi can play music files, but you may not know that it doesn't support MP3 (the more common
of file formats), they need to be .aac format or with the extension m4a.

now on with the how to part,

1. if you are using iTunes you are already set up to create them,
2. you pick the song you want in your itunes library and right click or ctrl + click or on mac apple + click for multiple files
3. right click on the file(s) and then in that drop down menu click Create AAC version then let itunes do its magic
4. the aac version is made just below the chosen file(s)
now its the annoying part
5. Now you insert the sd card into either a reader or in your computer and then open that in a window
6. highlight the file(s) in itunes once more but make sure it is the AAC versions and then just drag and drop them into the sd window
7. let the computer transfer them, now you can eject the card
8. put it in your ds and enjoy

Hopefully this will help some and/or save people some money, instead of buying a converter.

nEmo

nemofunk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I was offering was some information on how to do it, Im sure there are far better programs to use than iTunes I was simply letting people know how to do it WITHOUT having to download anything new considering almost everyone I know has an iPod and most of the people I know with an iPod also got a DSi and I can say 100% of those people use iTunes with it (yes there are other programs you can use for them) , thus making it easier to get the information out to the masses.
I also did it because there was nothing like it posted at the time.

-nEmo

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well i have itunes and it does do the work
the problem is that its a snail
i downloaded this other audio converter and it was a bulletbut the music files didnt work
anyways i dont really care cuz i have moonshell and lmp-ng on my ak and a mucic player on my m3i 0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q