Finally got a 3DS

JonnyPoots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i make it back from visiting family in Arizona, and all i can think about is the price drop. Wake up the next morning, all super jet-lagged, and go strait to my local game store and make my purchases of the unit and LOZ-OOT3D. At home I begin marathon playing for about two days before i let my roommates mess with it- this goes fine until my roommates' girlfriend checks it out (i let this happen on account that she's a huge Zelda fan). everything's cool til she starts yacking some bullshit and - for emphasis ? - she slaps my 3ds closed. Like Fucking Hard. Quickly i snag it away to check for any physical damage, none ::sigh of relief::. I didn't immediately check anything else, it came out of sleep mode fine when i opened it and i turned it off.
Now let me supplement, i was having NO problems viewing 3d. i had it at just under full most of the time, full for videos. Slight eye strain after a while but i was already getting over that. Now i get what seems to be a ghost of either projection either bleeding over (i don't completely understand the technology behind it) so that it's being seen by either eye, or something more physical with the screen itself / the slider, i don't know. its like a millimeter 'light' shadow on either side of central things, Link for example, and a bit on everything else- decreasing by the edge []. basically i can no longer find a "sweet spot" and am thinking about doing the warranty thing. LAME.

errrrrr

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Try calibrating the 3D at settings.

If problem persists than do the warranty thing.

BTW, the 3D is also stereoscopic 3D technology. Using parallax barriers.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're indoors when checking it. Once I was playing my 3DS in the car waiting for my sister, and when the 3D was on, you could see multiple images. I thought it was broken, but when there is too much light hitting the screen, both eyes are able to see both images at the same time.

Later I checked in at home, and it was fine. And I realized everytime I use it outdoors that happens.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it seems like your just getting ghosting which has nothing to do with the girl shutting it hard and will not disappear even if you get it replaced because its just the technology. maybe you just started to notice the ghosting more now because when the girl slammed it, you now started to look for any sign of damages on the screen and may have noticed ghosting. but maybe your not talking about ghosting at all haha.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JonnyPoots said:
So i make it back from visiting family in Arizona, and all i can think about is the price drop. Wake up the next morning, all super jet-lagged, and go strait to my local game store and make my purchases of the unit and LOZ-OOT3D. At home I begin marathon playing for about two days before i let my roommates mess with it- this goes fine until my roommates' girlfriend checks it out (i let this happen on account that she's a huge Zelda fan). everything's cool til she starts yacking some bullshit and - for emphasis ? - she slaps my 3ds closed. Like Fucking Hard. Quickly i snag it away to check for any physical damage, none ::sigh of relief::. I didn't immediately check anything else, it came out of sleep mode fine when i opened it and i turned it off.
Now let me supplement, i was having NO problems viewing 3d. i had it at just under full most of the time, full for videos. Slight eye strain after a while but i was already getting over that. Now i get what seems to be a ghost of either projection either bleeding over (i don't completely understand the technology behind it) so that it's being seen by either eye, or something more physical with the screen itself / the slider, i don't know. its like a millimeter 'light' shadow on either side of central things, Link for example, and a bit on everything else- decreasing by the edge []. basically i can no longer find a "sweet spot" and am thinking about doing the warranty thing. LAME.

errrrrr

That's the game. My Zelda game does the same thing. You can see it easily when you turn adult and your in the Sacred Realm or whatever it's called, the one with the sages.

JonnyPoots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my net was being an ass and i could only just now get back online, mmerrrr.
anyhoo, thanks everyone who replied. turned up the brightness to max, playing dark (like usual - i like my home to be cave-like). it's also less troubling to hear/read about the ghosting being semi common.

JonnyPoots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oveneise said:
So, what color did you get?
Went with the black, that blue is way too shiny and the pointless sparklies are more pronounced. im guessing the red one will have same problems.

JonnyPoots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Oh i have a question, how dows the 3DS taste?
And what is ghosting?
tastes like plastic, heat might enhance its flavor- maybe age. ghosting, as far as im concerned, is when one eye or both can see the image that is intended for only one eye. this is made obvious by winking.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JonnyPoots said:
FireGrey said:
Oh i have a question, how dows the 3DS taste?
And what is ghosting?
tastes like plastic, heat might enhance its flavor- maybe age. ghosting, as far as im concerned, is when one eye or both can see the image that is intended for only one eye. this is made obvious by winking.

Actually ghosting is an image being there when it shouldn't. PSP's had a huge problem with them as when you moved the character, you could see a faint ghost.

10-21-08-psp-screen-comaro.jpg

3000 somewhat fixed it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Actually ghosting is an image being there when it shouldn't. PSP's had a huge problem with them as when you moved the character, you could see a faint ghost.

PIC*
3000 somewhat fixed it.
hmm... I thought it was just a slight problem on the 3DS.

That said, I'm not going go look for ghosting in games.

Also I think ghosting from the 3D of the 3DS will likely decease in the future.

Tho, I only seen minor ghosting in Zelda, if I remember correctly.

@below No.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS was a fail. The only way I might maybe consider picking one up is just for some games not yet released & if the price drops below $130. I'll wait & see how the Vita turns out.

I'm having less & less time to play video games, & I when I do I"m playing them more & more on my smartphone, so I probably won't get either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show