Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0407011752.jpg

Took me several hours of frustration, but I finally have a Zelda-shelled DS Lite
smile.gif

That is all.

D

Deleted_171835

Looks awesome.

I need to repair my DS Lite. The hinge is broken and it won't turn on. I might as well change the case, too.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I want to replace the case of mine with a Japan-only color, but I don't know where to find them for cheap
ohnoes.png
Did you check dealextreme.com? That's where I got my case. It was nearly a perfect fit, however I did have to file one or two edges down for a better fit.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
YayMii said:
I want to replace the case of mine with a Japan-only color, but I don't know where to find them for cheap
ohnoes.png
Did you check dealextreme.com? That's where I got my case. It was nearly a perfect fit, however I did have to file one or two edges down for a better fit.

Why would you need to file, shouldn't it just fit?

Nice case.
happy.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a clone case, so it's not perfect, but the build quality is good, and you'd have to have a very keen eye to tell it's not official.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DealExtreme doesn't have any DSi XL cases. I even looked up DSi LL in hopes of finding it, but no luck.
They have quite a wide selection of DS lite cases though.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice one xD
what tools did you use to replace the case ?
i am considering a replacement for one of my DSLites seeing as the case isn't holding itself anymore which is a big bother .

just the essentials , although if there were any other tools that made it easier , then i'd like to know those too !

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, you'll want all the optional tools you can get for something like this. I needed a triwing screwdriver, a small phillips (both from DX for $1), needlenose pliers, jewelry tweezers, one needle pin (like, sewing kind), and an x-acto knife.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Honestly, you'll want all the optional tools you can get for something like this. I needed a triwing screwdriver, a small phillips (both from DX for $1), needlenose pliers, jewelry tweezers, one needle pin (like, sewing kind), and an x-acto knife.
Should have recorded how you did it.
tongue.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
I needed a triwing screwdriver, a small phillips (both from DX for $1), needlenose pliers, jewelry tweezers, one needle pin (like, sewing kind), and an x-acto knife.
screwdrivers are bundled with the case i am buying , and everything else , i will just search for .
i can probably get at a local hardware store or possibly a jewelry / arts and crafts store .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NO111ONE @ NO111ONE: Oh my god drug dealers inbound, panic