Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question noob... When running WAD manager 16, should I first unistall the cios_fix v5 (from original poster), or install this and it'll overwrite that one?

Also, you said that this is the best version as of now... so, is this "better" than Waninkoko's cIOS? And if so, why?

Thanks

wiifan08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiifan08 said:
ether2802 said:
the best is the cIOS_fix.wad made by ppc_gba, wich is the one you should use for repair the oct 23rd update, here you go http://rapidshare.com/files/153703477/cios_fix.wad.html

that is the one in djtaz signature?

i only want to know if that is the one in djtaz signature XD i know the differences between the versions but i try to find it and nobody specify which version was the ciosfix in djtaz signature

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiifan08 said:
wiifan08 said:
ether2802 said:
the best is the cIOS_fix.wad made by ppc_gba, wich is the one you should use for repair the oct 23rd update, here you go http://rapidshare.com/files/153703477/cios_fix.wad.html

i only want to know if that is the one in djtaz signature XD i know the differences between the versions but i try to find it and nobody specify which version was the ciosfix in djtaz signature

Yes i have the Cios_fix in my signature in the update zip in the wad folder

wiifan08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
wiifan08 said:
wiifan08 said:
ether2802 said:

Yes i have the Cios_fix in my signature in the update zip in the wad folder

thanks but my question was which ciosfix is the one in your signature? i already install it but i want to know which version off all the ciosfix that exists is the one in your sign, THANKS =)

Xylexis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there guys,
I've finally done it, after days and days of trying I got it to work on my 3.3v2 Wii.
I was one of those guys that updated their wii and thought they were screwed.
But I got it to work, these were the steps I took, i'm not providing any files. they can be found in the forum.

Installed HBC 0.9 using the Twilight hack.
Installed the IOS16 using Wad manager 1.3
Installed the cios_fix.wad using the IOS16 Wad manager. (dont know if its needed, but thats what i did)
Installed the cios_249_rev6.wad posted by noob on the forum.
Load up the Backup Loader 0.3 (the official WiiGator beta version)
Make sure you have you're booktype on dvd-rom on your drive, burn and have fun.

Greets Xyl

soundsource

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to thank those who are taking the time to make things easier for people like me. it is appreciated.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soundsource said:
just wanted to thank those who are taking the time to make things easier for people like me. it is appreciated.

just wanna take a moment to highlight something I've noticed

this guy, soundsource, used his first post for a thank you.
Another guy, a_running_pir8, used his first post to help a ton of people.

this is what we like to see.
why?

because, the main prerequisite to these kinds of first posts: READING

D

Deleted User

This is only necessary if you want to install Wiiware and VC wads and use the backuploader correct?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to second that - good job soundsource.

I have seen too many people post their first post as a question because they are stuck and couldnt be bothered to read the topics. Its generally laziness and they flood the boards with repeated threads of questions that have been answered.

Soundsource has just entered the realm of appreciation by the people who can really help with 1 simple post and if he ever gets stuck he'll have those that do on his side straight away.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it, I don't know if you are talking about me, but I read the whole thread (all the 25 pages at that time), before EVEN created my user here to post. Rest assured that I do my best to read what's already posted, make it work, and don't even bother you people with questions (also saving my time). But this one wasn't the case.

The questions I have asked aren't answered anywhere else (nor thread or other searches I made); I even re-wrote them through different forums and no one had an answer for them. Which are (once again):

- Which cIOS is better (the one that noob posted - v6, or Waninkoko's one, also v6). I couldn't find neither a list of features or something to compare myself

- Is there a need to uninstall the previous cIOS (provided by OP) in case I'm going to update to v6 posted by noob? Or will it overwrite it automatically?

Thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
it is v6, and it is the best one available at this point in time...may not work if installed over the previous, but try installing it with the IOS16 version, because the regular wad manager is accessing the IOS249 as you use it.

source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112...t&p=1511121

Lol ... enough said

*edit - im only messing Dan_Aykroyd - at least you tried before posting*

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes noob... I've read that before, but

- I'm asking if it'll overwrite the previous cIOS, even installing it with WAD mgr. 16. Will it overwrite? Do I uninstall the previous WAD first? (always using WADMGR16!)

- I don't know if with the "best at this point" you mean the newest of the cIOS (the same cIOS that the OP posted), or you are comparing it even to Waninkokos too

plagueseason

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I owe many thanks to everyone involved with this fix, especially those of you that streamlined the whole process. I was afraid that after I updated, I had really screwed myself over, but I had faith in the community, and everyone truly delivered.

I've learned my lesson now...don't update unless absolutely necessary! haha

Edit: I should note that I did have to install Waninkoko's latest cIOS36 rev. 6 to get Backup Launcher 0.3 working, so the included cios_fix.wad in the package in this thread is outdated.

kwinst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any tutorial that is a tutorial around?
This one just says 'do this' and 'do that' without any actual instructions...
I tried searching for the wii backup disc since no link was provided, and I googled till I can't google anymore; the only result being the first site that came back, at softwarheadlines, which requires me to install adware before downloading; no thanks!
smile.gif
does anyone know where I can find this file, or even just the wad file I need inside

in this 'tutorial' it also mentions that there are two ways to do this procedure, one is with the backup disc, and another is with a ios15 to 16 converter, however, again, there is no tutorial on how to go down that route instead of the wii backup disc...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kwinst said:
Is there any tutorial that is a tutorial around?
This one just says 'do this' and 'do that' without any actual instructions...
I tried searching for the wii backup disc since no link was provided, and I googled till I can't google anymore; the only result being the first site that came back, at softwarheadlines, which requires me to install adware before downloading; no thanks!
smile.gif
does anyone know where I can find this file, or even just the wad file I need inside

in this 'tutorial' it also mentions that there are two ways to do this procedure, one is with the backup disc, and another is with a ios15 to 16 converter, however, again, there is no tutorial on how to go down that route instead of the wii backup disc...

I have a bit of a one in the zip file in my signature - i didnt have the problem myself so i got the how to from someone else , but if you can tell me what step ur getting stuck at in PM ill do my best to update and make it more simple ??

Any good to you ?

Alpha Kenny Wun

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,
Wii newbie here, but console/pc gamer for already many years.
Without spilling half of my life story here, I just want to thank djtaz, Noobwarrior7 and Running_Pir8 for all the effort they put into this thread.
Already 31 effing pages since the whole "oct 23 scare" started and pir8 found this workaround!
I carefully read into it and all my "Wii concerned issues" are solved and learned a lot more about the HB scene and what is (not) possible with the Wii.

So, just once again:
bow.gif
TY Guys
bow.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alpha Kenny Wun said:
Hi guys,
Wii newbie here, but console/pc gamer for already many years.
Without spilling half of my life story here, I just want to thank djtaz, Noobwarrior7 and Running_Pir8 for all the effort they put into this thread.
Already 31 effing pages since the whole "oct 23 scare" started and pir8 found this workaround!
I carefully read into it and all my "Wii concerned issues" are solved and learned a lot more about the HB scene and what is (not) possible with the Wii.

So, just once again:
bow.gif
TY Guys
bow.gif

Ahh jeez man - its posts like that , that make it all worth making an effort over - appreciate it and it being your first post and all just makes it all the better
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu