Final Fantasy X International

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Krobelus, Apr 12, 2010.

Apr 12, 2010

Final Fantasy X International by Krobelus at 5:53 PM (2,055 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Krobelus
    OP

Member Krobelus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hey guys,

After a long while, I finally got the latest Mcboot and ESR on my memory card thanks to 007 agent under fire. The only reason why I did this was so I would be able to play the International version of FFX.

So I got a copy, patched it and burned it 2x on a Sony DVD-R, and ESR loaded it just fine. The problem however, is at the beginning when Tidus meets up with Auron, and they look over at the distance at Sin. Now an FMV is supposed to play, but it doesn't. It just shows Auron and Tidus going through the movements and then they lock up and freeze in the same spot.

At first I thought it was the ISO that I acquired, however I tested this on the PCSX2 on my computer and it plays just fine.

So I'm wondering what could be the problem? Could it be that I installed Free MCBoot and not the Multilanguage? I really don't know, and I'm stumped. And don't suggest that I play on my PC, it only runs at like 70%. =/

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. justinefremlouw

Member justinefremlouw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's odd, maybe ur laser is going bad, so it can't handle it?
    It could be that you burned it too slow, most ppl burn it at 4x or half the max speed of DVD. I burn at 4x and didn't have any problem on FFX international.

3. Krobelus
    OP

Canada
    Hmmm.. that's a possibility.

I went on torrent sites and checked comments on different FFX versions and apparently this isn't uncommon. It might be that the burn speed is too slow. I burned it at 2x, I'll try 4x.

Also I have 3 PS2s and it does the same on all three ahaha, so I doubt all three lasers are going bad, unless I'm just unlucky? lull...

I'll reply when I burn at 4x and check.

4. justinefremlouw

United States
    hahaha, if you have 3 PS2, it is quite unlikely, although very possible if they're all old versions. One of my friend bought a used PS2 on gamestop a couple weeks ago. We tried to run gameshark on it to do the independent exploit, turns out it wouldn't read it. We brought it back and the guy had to test like 7 PS2 to find one that would read the gameshark XD PS2 lasers suck indeed

5. Krobelus
    OP

Canada
    Ahaha I think you're right. Two of the PS2s are phat. One I gave to my sister and one I kept, and I also have a slim.

Alright so I burned it at 4x speed and it wouldn't read the FMV when you see Tidus play Blitzball. It just stayed at a black screen. So I took my mem.card and the disc that was freshly burned, and tried on my sister's PS2. Apparently it works perfectly on hers...

SO, it's possible my PS2's laser is iffy. I should clean it and test both this disc and the older disc I burned.

Queston: Can you clean the PS2 Slim's lens from merely opening the tray? Or will I have to open the entire casing?

Thanks for your replies. [​IMG]

6. justinefremlouw

United States
    It sounds like that is the case, if it works in your sister's ps2, then your ps2's laser must be going bad. It could also be the media, PS2 are picky abt DVDs, although I heard Sony is one of the good brands, most ppl favor Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. I myself use TDK though XP

As for the cleaning, I'm not sure cauz I only have a phat. Phat's require opening the case, but I think in the slim, the lens are exposed? Try google or youtube XD Sorry, I never really cleaned my laser either

7. Krobelus
    OP

Canada
    Yeah that sucks =/.

Well Sony so far works for me for every game I've burned, and I figured that since Sony and PS go hand in hand.. I merely assumed it would be top notch.

The slim's laser is exposed, and I did clean it and FFX International now works! I guess I'll just have to clean my lens every other month or so. Ahh well.

Thanks for helping me out! xP
    -Krobelus

8. NoSmokingBandit

Member NoSmokingBandit GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It could just be a bad burn. Sometimes shit happens for no reason.