OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I did a few searches and it didn't appear that anyone has submitted this yet. If they have, please feel free to close this or delete it.

This is a blog entry which shows screen shots, talks about programming, explains game play, etc for a real Final Fantasy VII NES Cart. It appears to be a "fan" remake of sorts for a team of coders who build mp4 devices.

ff7-cart-300x197.jpg

"No, that is not a mock up. No, powering it up does not reveal it to actually be an impossible hack of Super Mario Bros. Someone, or some company rather, has made what was once a pipe dream come true: Final Fantasy VII on the NES. Unfortunately, neither the cartridge nor the ROM itself is branded with a release date, so I have no idea when this happened. All I know is that it was tagged NJ063 by the unlicensed cartridge factory, and was programmed by Shenzhen Nanjing Technology Co, Ltd, a company which now produces MP3 and MP4 audio players."

Anyways, enjoy the read.
http://cinnamonpirate.com/blog/507/

Please don't msg me for the ROM, I will um... not give it?

-another world

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone's actually trying to translate it, though, at romhacking.net.

Personally, I'm more amazed by their ports of Chrono Trigger and some of the Zelda games, along with Dragon Quest VIII. Never did get the dump of those games though...

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are quite a few of these Chinese bootlegs. I have a FF8 somewhere that essentially refuses to run, though I recall hearing it was a colorized version of the GB FF3 (One of the Saga Frontier games I believe). Lots of these Chinese bootlegs are actually just colorized GB games.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best examples I can think of, pirate-wise, would be Super Mario World and Biohazard on the NES. Super Mario World just for the laughing factor--but Biohazard, if you can get it to not crash, it's actually the full game
ohmy.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't even find an emulator capable of running it. FceUltra and NnnesterJ being the two that I keep on here. And if it doesn't work with those, I know it's not going to work under NesDS or PocketNES.

Looks hilarious otherwise, but I'm not too bothered by my inability to play it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dib said:
I can't even find an emulator capable of running it. FceUltra and NnnesterJ being the two that I keep on here. And if it doesn't work with those, I know it's not going to work under NesDS or PocketNES.

Looks hilarious otherwise, but I'm not too bothered by my inability to play it.
Try Nestopia or VirtuaNESex. Those worked for me
tongue.gif

Yeah, it won't probably work on NesDS or PocketNES, seeing it uses a Chinese custom mapper
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)