The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

There are 2 firmwares
Original firmware, the base firmware your PSP runs which you already have updated to 6.60 so no need to do anything
The custom firmware which is a mod that allows you to play the iso (this is what you have to update)

So skip to the update CFW part of the guide.

Reactions: Randqalan

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I'm playing on the emu with all the standard settings and Texture Scaling at off. However at some points game lags a lot, like after I defeat an enemy and try to absorb "phantoma" (sp?) It always lags. Also music seems like it is mono. This is with latest dev build for windows 64

Any ideas?

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EDIT: Okay, after click to update, console says "The system software of your PSP system is version 6.60., There's no need to update."

What's now?

You have to install a new Custom Firmware, not an Original one :/
You can't install CFW by clicking Update on your console.
Search for 6.60 PRO-B10 or 6.60 PRO-C guides on Google

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i changed iso to cso for my psp-go system. compress percent is 98 only but it resolve my choppy video problem i don't know why. if someone have same problem can try. thx sky and doomtrain team.

HHTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have downloaded the patch and tried it for myself. I can confirm that it does work for merged and unmerged ISOs. If you have 2 unmerged ISOs, just use the patch on the ISO from Disc 1.

The patched ISO will be 2.65GB so the Inferno driver will be needed to run the game on PSP.

SuzakuX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created two CWC cheats to insert the specific items awarded by the Japanese Zeroshiki demo and the Square Enix Members referral program directly into your inventory:

Cheats
_S NPJH-50443
_G Final Fantasy: Type-0
_C0 Zeroshiki Demo Rewards
_L 0x20424320 0x0001D0D6
_L 0x40423F5C 0x000E0001
_L 0x0001B07F 0x00000001
_C0 SE Members Referral Rewards
_L 0x2042431C 0x0001D0D5
_L 0x20423F94 0x0001B08D
_L 0x2042420C 0x0001D091

Usage
To bypass Type-0's anti-cheat protection, you need to activate the cheats while viewing the save menu, save your game, disable the cheats, and reload your save. The rewards will be inserted towards the bottom of your inventory in order to prevent them from overwriting other items; an automatic sort will put everything back in order.

Zeroshiki Demo Rewards: All Summer Uniforms, Growth Egg
Zeroshiki is the second Japanese demo for Final Fantasy Type-0, featuring the game's prologue. Players start the demo with all 14 Summer Uniform key items and a Growth Egg accessory in their inventory, which carry over into the full game.

SE Members Referral Rewards: Mog's Amulet, Dress Uniform, Seydlitz
Players who register their game through the Square Enix Members Site can gain three special rewards by referring new players to the game's Zeroshiki demo. The first referral will award a Mog's Amulet accessory, the second will award the Dress Uniform key item, and the third will award a Seydlitz accessory.

Note: This only places the uniform key items properly into your inventory. You'll still need to use the previous "Unlock All Uniforms" cheat to enable them in the equip menu.

Axcelaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to run the game, but it freezes right after selecting it on the list. Sorry for the noob question, I'm not used to hacking the PSP (did it one time, but can't remember anything), so what's this Inferno thing? Can someone pass me a reliable tutorial, please? Also, my PSP system is Pro 6.60 B-9, do I have to update to B-10? Thanks in advance.

XxArgonxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to run the game, but it freezes right after selecting it on the list. Sorry for the noob question, I'm not used to hacking the PSP (did it one time, but can't remember anything), so what's this Inferno thing? Can someone pass me a reliable tutorial, please? Also, my PSP system is Pro 6.60 B-9, do I have to update to B-10? Thanks in advance.

Yep you gotta update to B-10.

Reactions: Axcelaw

creampuffoholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I'm running 6.6 pro B-10 on a PSP 1000 and both the unpatched and patched versions (and also my KH:BBS Final mix which wasn't like this before) are showing up as corrupted data :\ I have Valkyria chronicles 2 and 3 and a bunch of Ys games on the memory card too and those all show up normally

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't know if it's reported yet, but after you complete first real mission, Mog will tell that for "Next mission is recomended to be lvl *blank* ." I don't remember how exactly it was writed but something like that. Is there any bug tracker or some place to report about these than this forum?

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't know if it's reported yet, but after you complete first real mission, Mog will tell that for "Next mission is recomended to be lvl *blank* ." I don't remember how exactly it was writed but something like that. Is there any bug tracker or some place to report about these than this forum?

You can pm Merkabah

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created two CWC cheats to insert the specific items awarded by the Japanese Zeroshiki demo and the Square Enix Members referral program directly into your inventory:

Cheats
_S NPJH-50443
_G Final Fantasy: Type-0
_C0 Zeroshiki Demo Rewards
_L 0x20424320 0x0001D0D6
_L 0x40423F5C 0x000E0001
_L 0x0001B07F 0x00000001
_C0 SE Members Referral Rewards
_L 0x2042431C 0x0001D0D5
_L 0x20423F94 0x0001B08D
_L 0x2042420C 0x0001D091

Usage
To bypass Type-0's anti-cheat protection, you need to activate the cheats while viewing the save menu, save your game, disable the cheats, and reload your save. The rewards will be inserted towards the bottom of your inventory in order to prevent them from overwriting other items; an automatic sort will put everything back in order.

Zeroshiki Demo Rewards: All Summer Uniforms, Growth Egg
Zeroshiki is the second Japanese demo for Final Fantasy Type-0, featuring the game's prologue. Players start the demo with all 14 Summer Uniform key items and a Growth Egg accessory in their inventory, which carry over into the full game.

SE Members Referral Rewards: Mog's Amulet, Dress Uniform, Seydlitz
Players who register their game through the Square Enix Members Site can gain three special rewards by referring new players to the game's Zeroshiki demo. The first referral will award a Mog's Amulet accessory, the second will award the Dress Uniform key item, and the third will award a Seydlitz accessory.

Note: This only places the uniform key items properly into your inventory. You'll still need to use the previous "Unlock All Uniforms" cheat to enable them in the equip menu.

Having never used CWCheat before, I gotta ask about how this works.

When should you enable the "unlock all uniforms cheat"? If you turn the cheat off later, do they remained unlocked? For instance, if you enable the "unlock" cheat and the "item cheats" in the save menu, save your game, then disable ALL cheats, and reload, will everything still be functional?

PureMagic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it just me or are the classes subtitles messed up?
I just tried Combat Basics: Primer and Support Magicology: Primer and the subtitles don't have anything to do with what is being said by the characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I've reported the domain directly to their registrar so that they can take action. ;)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, To be fair, I have no idea.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because they are not as economic compared to us.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so their only way of getting money is thru scams?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Exactly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Why not they just mine Monero instead of scamming vulnerable people? If they have a decent machine they can hit a jackpot at any given time.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Bitcoin on the other hand, requires a very powerful mining rig and is more costly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, different cultures so probably they have their reasons
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes a $2,000 rig for $5 a day
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Or could be in correlation to laws.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Technically, cryptocurrencies aren't illegal, as long as you don't use it for criminal activity. If you sign up with an exchange, and that they get a tip from law enforcement, they have the right to freeze your assets.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea I heard law is vastly different there
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.