Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Online?

IchigoNoTenshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so, one day, I was playing FF:CC RoF, and as I was beating the crap out of that giant fishy in Rela Cyel with Meeth [=D], I thought it would be pretty cool if someone (not particularly Square Enix) made a FF:CC MMORPG. I think its perfect because I love hack-n-slash RPG's, and there is a disappointing lack of hack-n-slash MMO's out on the internet.
Here's my plan:

The Story:
Haven't developed it that much, but it could be something with a similar concept to FF:CC EoT.

Character Customisation:
Echoes of Time already had the first third of it, so let's try and come up with the rest. My idea:
You choose a race and gender, and you've got the Clavats, Yukes, Selkies and Lilties.
Clavats could be the game's warriors, Yukes would obviously be the mages, Selkies would be the rangers/thieves, and Lilties could be the tankers (anyone who's played any of the FF:CC games would know that Lilties are small but mighty).
Choose a race, gender, name, hair colour, outfit and colour, skin colour, eye colour - this is a MMO version of a Square Enix game, we want it to live up to the expectations.

Combat:
Combat could be just like all the other FF:CC games, with three control optimisations for three different styles of play:
Style 1: Diablo Style
Point-and-click or WASD/ESDF to move, space to jump, click an enemy to attack it, click rapidly to perform combos, pick up items and talk to NPCs. Magicites and potions could be stored in the action bar.
Style 2: Classic Style
WSAD/ESDF/Arrow Keys to move, Left/Right Ctrl to attack, pick up items and talk to NPCs. Magicites and potions, again, could be stored in the action bar.
Style 3: Console Style
This one has total gamepad support, so using the example of and Xbox 360, I'll map out some example controls:
Left Analog stick to move, A to jump, pick up items and talk to NPCs, X to attack, DPad and shoulder buttons could be the equivalent of hotkeys.

I'm assuming leveling would be like the FF:CC games as well.

Tell me if you think its a good or bad idea, and let me know why if possible - I'm interested =D. Oh, and it might be helpful to mention that it would be cool if this was a F2P or cheap P2P, I don't like paying $15 a month on top of expansion packs *AHEM worldofwarcraft AHEM*

IchigoNoTenshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Phantasy Star Online has a good concept behind it, and CABAL Online has a decently woven story. In any event, this needs to have at least some parts of a story, since its a MMO Squenix game. Anyway, has anyone got anything to say about the rest of it? And if it does go into planning, who should develop it? Should it be hosted on different servers, or on the POL servers? Development spearheaded by Square Enix, or another more experienced MMO developer with Square Enix developing the story and whatnot?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering how bad the Crystal Chronicles franchise is imo, an MMO would be a complete fail. Honestly Square Enix failed with FF11 because the way they designed it in terms of platform release was the issue. The game itself wasn't all that bad just high hardware demands compared to World of WarCraft and Guild Wars, just the way they implemented it and the cost was a fair bit too much.

IchigoNoTenshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst the Crystal Chronicles franchise isn't as popular as I'd like it to be, a MMO could help boost the popularity of the franchise. And the reason FFXI failed was because of, yes, the cost, and because of that, there was not enough players to hold up an economy. This is where they should have considered Buy-to-play instead of pay-to-play. In this case, all they'd have to do is use the Crystal Chronicles system they're currently using and implement multiplayer on a larger scale. Hell, the whole thing could be instance-based with a lobby for item trading and talking, etc.
As for system demands, FFXI has a 95% or so chance of working on my Eee PC. I can hardly say that a Crystal Chronicles MMO would have those same requirements anyway.

Anyway, I'm waiting for FFXIV, so let's hope Square Enix learned from their mistakes =D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-