Final Fantasy 13 or Little Big Planet 2?

FFXIII vs. LBP2

• Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LittleBigPlanet 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on what you like. Final Fantasy XIII is really eyecandy. All you'll be doing is mashing X to auto attack because the computer will pick options that are even better than what you could have thought of. The super fast pacing and autoAI controlled two partners don't really allow you to play it as if it were say FFX or earlier titles. YOU WILL NEVER GET LOST. The game is very, excruciatingly linear.

Little Big planet is a platformer, and perhaps you'll like it more...

For the longevity, LBP2 will last if you have friends to play with.

But if you look at it from a price perspective, FF13 is like $20 or less.. maybe to the $14 range? while LBP2 is at near $50-60 range.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't get all the hate ff13 is getting. Its definitely not the best, that for me is V and definitely not the worst. On the flip side I do not understand why everyone likes Little Big Planet. I tried the game and hated it, dreadfully boring. You cant really ask other people because as you can see everyone has different tastes and choosing between completely different games is hard.

I would make sure to try out both games first and see what one you like the most, if your really gonna go either way, flip a coin.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All Final Fantasy's have a boring battle system...in terms of story and characters, 13 is probably one of the better ones. I actually liked the characters in it, they were interesting and not boring as fuck like most FF games. The visuals are also a huge bonus.

LBP1 and 2 are fun for a few days, then you get bored of it. It has "a ton to do" but honestly, that ton to do gets old quick. It's cute, anyways.

EDIT:
Option 3. Valkyria chronicles.
I always feel the need to throw the PS3's best RPG out there.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why FF XIII sucks, in perspective:

- Linear as hell. Seriously, no exploration at all. Even FF XII could at least give us that.
- Make it or break it battle system. You will either love or hate the battle system, and it takes more than a few hours before the game has finally told you everything you need to know, and you have the proper party, to be able to use said battle system.
- The character development is flat, unappealing, and probably some of the worst since early FF's that couldn't provide much character development.
- There aren't really shops or towns. There are just kind of save points with everything. If you don't like towns, I guess it can be a plus.

LBP2 provides more, enhanced LBP fun. From what I gather, it is kind of like a super enhanced LBP1. If you played and liked LBP1, you will more than likely enjoy LBP2. It all depends on how interested you are in the PSN content though.

In all honesty, I would probably pick up something outside of those two games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want character development you're playing the wrong series.
Character development isn't in Final Fantasy, at least not well enough to consider a game having it.
The cast is a hell of a lot better then shitty FF's like 9.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
If you want character development you're playing the wrong series.
Character development isn't in Final Fantasy, at least not well enough to consider a game having it.
The cast is a hell of a lot better then shitty FF's like 9.

FFIX character development suffered, but the story was fairly excellent. The synthesis system and the ability system were also really well done. The characters for the most part kind of sucked, but by the end, they were actually some fairly deep individuals. You would have to force yourself to hate the game to say the character development was as bad as later FF's like XII and XIII.

Regardless, the Final Fantasy series actually provides overall, good character development. Only the latest installments have suffered from a lack of it. At least the PSX FF games provided some of the most excellent character development I've ever seen in an RPG. Other elements may not be as good in each of the three, but at least the character development is always present.

I still stand by getting a different game though from the two above. If you are dead set on one of them, LBP2.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly compared to real jRPGs, final fantasy doesn't hold very strong in the character and story department.
We can argue about which FF has better of which, but it's pointless considering the droves of better games with better stories and characters then Final Fantasy.
The only epic (story wise) FF game i've ever played was Crisis Core, and that's probably because they mainly only focused on a single character and minorly focused on some others.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hells Malice said:
All Final Fantasy's have a boring battle system...Except from FFIX and X (Not counting spin offs)QUOTE(Hells Malice @ Mar 25 2011, 05:16 AM) If you want character development you're playing the wrong series.
Except from FFIX and X.

IX is one of the best. Though if you didn't give it that much of a chance, I can't blame you for thinking it's rubbish, it kicks in at the end of disk 1.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember Guyz FF WILL BREAKS YOUR PEE S 3 I SWEARZ

- you'll never get bored of LBP2, even though the story is somewhat quick, at least there IS one now, and you wont mind playing it over and over again for the collectables

i must say, i have the game, but i found the release of Killzone 3 and Black Ops DLC eat the time i have to kill on LBP - yes im an FPS-guy hate me - still doesn't mean that i dnt like popping it in over the weekend and playing it
biggrin.gif

- go for it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
prwlr. said:
Hells Malice said:
All Final Fantasy's have a boring battle system...Except from FFIX and X (Not counting spin offs)QUOTE(Hells Malice @ Mar 25 2011, 05:16 AM) If you want character development you're playing the wrong series.
Except from FFIX and X.

IX is one of the best. Though if you didn't give it that much of a chance, I can't blame you for thinking it's rubbish, it kicks in at the end of disk 1.

I could give it another chance but I was near the end of disk one and got so bored I decided to go play something else.
If it has something to offer it probably should have expressed it earlier as to not lose half of its players.
Zidane is a terrible character, does he change a LOT?
Don't see how the battle system could get any better. It was boring, and trance was stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok not just