1. OJClock

OJClock _____________

United States
    I've had sudokuhax since day 1 and the limited usability of it just has me using my flashcart for homebrew instead.
    Sadly, the release of the 3ds killed any possibility of a dsi homebrew scene and we will never know what yasu did way back when :/

2. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    What?!? No more DSiWareHax? There goes my hope. [​IMG]

EDIT: This was posted on his (Yasu's) blog yesterday.

[​IMG]

3. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

At least those are popular games. Will be looking forward to updating my S-hax. [​IMG]

4. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Yeah...uh...most of us can't read that.

5. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Google translation if it helps any.

6. SifJar

OP SifJar Not a pirate

From my reading, he is just mentioning that he has got a 3DS, amongst other things. Nothing of particular note.

7. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    It shows he's alive. Also the fact he has a 3DS may be a sign he could/possibly/maybe be working on it? [​IMG]

I can only hope...

8. Nathanaël

Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    Well, now I don't get this "This old protocol version is not supported, aborting." anymore, something happened now. Files get extracted, a lot of text, and I got my 4B344456.bin back.

But after copying this stuff back to NAND, and after launching it - nothing happens. It's just -- EA Sudoku.

I checked it several times if I made a mistake in copying. I think I made no mistake.

Edit: 1.4.1E & original unpatched Sudoku. Of course.

9. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    this information would have been nice before 1.4.2 was released. its a catch 22 now, you can't buy the titles without upgrading but if you upgrade you can't copy the exploit back into NAND. =/

i guess i'm happy i have 1 of the exploits working, dsi-mode homebrew is really fun. it beats having to lug around the failed ievo when i want dsi-mode.

-another world

10. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 I like Pokémon

Costa Rica
    Well i think that we were just too late. With the 3DS, I don't see the point of trying to hack the DSi

11. Ace Overclocked

Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    why did i tranfer exidia to the 3ds
    WHY

12. qlum

qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    just forgot that the dsi needs to be the latest version to access the shop

13. regnad

regnad Button Masher

So can we expect the 3DS to be successfully hacked about 6 months after the release of the next generation 3DS Scratch-N-Sniff?

14. minoplis

minoplis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    And here am I, with my 1.4.1U DSi XL which I got used a few months ago. I haven't updated it so far with a tiny spark of hope that something good might happen with it.

Unfortunately, that's not the case. Only if the Nintendo shop came back with some sort of stupid bug that allowed me to download one of those games, which is not happening, I would be able to enjoy this exploit..

Well, I guess everyone else will update their DSis to 1.4.3 next month, for some free Zelda action, unless Nintendo comes up with some new wacky firmware update.

15. DroRox

DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    What ticks me off the most is that in my old DSi that got water damaged beyond repair I had Guitar Rock Tour. -____- I think I'll download one of the three games to have access to the slight (very, very, slight) chance that someone will come up with a downgrade possibility. [​IMG]

16. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    No, downgrade is impossible unless sysmenu is decrypted, which is not in the near future. No more dsiwarehax.. I should have gotten exidia..

17. The Composer

The Composer GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    This exploit is completely useless. Not only you need to have bad games downloaded on your system, but also be on a lower menu version.

Even then, if someone manages to fulfill both requirements, homebrew on dsi mode is pretty pointless.

The ds scene could have hacked the dsi if they really wanted, but that would mean killing the flashcard market.

18. dEvA_pAiN

dEvA_pAiN Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    i have the guitar rock tour and my DSi is 1.4.2 thanks to the m3 team but anyways i cant use the xploit [​IMG]

19. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    I too had a 1.41U DSi, but once I knew I didn't have any of the required target games, I just updated to 1.4.3U.

20. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    typed by someone who has obviously not tried a dsi-mode specific homebrew. the 2x cpu speed and 16MB of ram make a huge difference. it means emulation requires less tweaking to work than on the more limiting ds-mode specs. old ds-mode projects recompiled for dsi-mode already show benefits such as speed increases. this is very obvious when you try alekmaul's atari 2600 emu in both ds-mode and dsi-mode. games are extremely playable in dsi-mode where the same file runs at a much slower framerate in ds-mode. cquake also comes to mind, it is much more enjoyable in dsi-mode yet still playable in ds-mode.

the problem with dsi-mode is that it came to late. ds developers have moved on.

-another world

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DSiWareHax, Final,