Final DSiWareHax

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SifJar, Aug 25, 2011.

Aug 25, 2011

Final DSiWareHax by SifJar at 8:33 PM (15,297 Views / 0 Likes) 88 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    The final wave of DSiWareHax have been released. SudokuHax has been updated and three new games have been exploited: Guitar Rock Tour, Legends of Exidia and FieldRunners. All games have exploited EU and USA versions, Legends of Exidia also has an exploited Japanese version (only Japanese DSiWareHax).

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Uh, if you cannot copy the hacked saves using 1.4.2 onwards, but you cannot buy the exploitable titles without 1.4.3...you see where I'm gunning here?

This is basically useless for most people. Those three particular titles may not have that many downloads.
    Sad but true.

3. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hence this is final. The work had already been mainly done on these when 1.4.2 came out and blocked any potential future DSiWare exploit. So they finished up the work and released them for those that may be able to make use of it. 1.4.2 ended the search for DSiWare exploits, seeing as they are now almost useless.

4. DroRox

Member DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    I guess with this out the only thing left to do would be come up with a downgrade method, if possible.

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    yup it does seem very impractical to me. usually that should be exploited that is available for the latest firmware.
    downgrade or else not so efficient and its unlikely that one will find a downgrade just for this

6. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    I highly doubt downgrade will happen. How would one run the downgrader? The only viable option would be a fake NUS, which would require the private keys to sign the modified update files (they'd have to be modified to have a higher version than the one installed), and if you had private keys there's bound to be an easier way than that. Although I guess a downgrader could be run via an iEvolution if it became possible. But then why downgrade if you have an iEvolution?

7. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Softmodding possibilites, there's still a lot that could be done, and all you would have to do is use the iEvo once and voila. Of course, that's just speculation

8. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Seeing as that is purely hypothetical, why not expand it and say that, hypothetically, if that was possible, so would installing a custom channel, so no need to downgrade. Generally, there is little point in downgrading on most systems. Its not likely to be a viable option for the DSi either.

9. qlum

Member qlum Posting when needed

Netherlands
    dsi store is in maintenance atm I hope its not to remove those games otherwise I would be to late again.

10. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    We've been waiting for this a long time... Now I'm going to devirginize Sudoku finally.

I like this. Only ~50-100 DSis will use this. A rare gem.

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The maintenance was announced and scheduled a few days ago actually.
    Nintendo have nothing to gain by removing these titles any how, a very scant few people could even exploit it.

12. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Correction to first post: "Guitar Rock Tour", not "Guitar Hero Tour".

13. Nathanaël

Nauru
    And you know what I like the most? That these annoying Cyclops guys paid the homebrew I'm going to use! [​IMG]

14. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    That's a great news indeed ! But like for the previous hack, it will be limited to a few people who had the good idea to download those dsiware and stayed on an old firmware.

It's easier for now to run the dsi mode on a iEvo than on a dsiware hack exploit. [​IMG]

15. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ah, thanks, I'll correct that now.

16. Nathanaël

Nauru
    Maybe someone can make a package with spinal_cord's DSi Homebrew Channel and alekmaul's emulators? It's a bit difficult now... I don't know if A7800DS V1.0 is the latest version of alekmaul's Atari 5200 Emulator...

17. hatredg0d

Member hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    now the question is should i update my dsi, or wait for the possibility of someone else coming out with one for a game i own

18. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    This is a very rare chance for people to use this. Luckily I got the orginal DSi hack when it first got released.

19. Nathanaël

Nauru
    I just get a "This old protocol is not supported anymore" with 4B344456.bin (EA Sudoku EUR) and dsiwarehaxinj_v11. Although it's the new version 1.1.

20. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    There will be no more DSiWare Hax, this is the FINAL wave of DSiWare exploits. There is no point in holding out on updating.