SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The final wave of DSiWareHax have been released. SudokuHax has been updated and three new games have been exploited: Guitar Rock Tour, Legends of Exidia and FieldRunners. All games have exploited EU and USA versions, Legends of Exidia also has an exploited Japanese version (only Japanese DSiWareHax).

QUOTE said:
The final DSiWareHax is now available, goto the exploitslist for the list of exploited DSiWare and the usage instructions for the exploits. The updated Sudokuhax is now available as well, the main change is faster boot.nds loading. You can only copy the new DSiWareHax to your DSi if you’re on 1.4.1 or below, and already have one of the exploited games, since 1.4.2+ blocks copying DSiWare exploits to your DSi “internal memory”. Likewise for obtaining the updated Sudokuhax, you must be on 1.4.1 and have the original Sudoku version.
QUOTE said:
All the exploits (and instructions) are available here: http://bootmii.org/dsiexploits/downloads/exploitslist

You must be on 1.4.1 and own one of the exploitable games to use these exploits.

If you're on 1.4.2, it is impossible to copy the hacked saves to your DSi, and thus you cannot use the exploits.
If you're on 1.4.1 and don't have the games, it is impossible to download them, and thus you cannot use them.

All the exploits are of course DSi-mode, and should work well with any DSi-mode compatible homebrew, including HBMenu and Spinal_cord's DSi Homebrew Channel, both of which can load homebrew from the DSi SD card slot.

Source: http://hackmii.com/2011/08/final-dsiwarehax/

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh, if you cannot copy the hacked saves using 1.4.2 onwards, but you cannot buy the exploitable titles without 1.4.3...you see where I'm gunning here?

This is basically useless for most people. Those three particular titles may not have that many downloads.
Sad but true.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hence this is final. The work had already been mainly done on these when 1.4.2 came out and blocked any potential future DSiWare exploit. So they finished up the work and released them for those that may be able to make use of it. 1.4.2 ended the search for DSiWare exploits, seeing as they are now almost useless.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I highly doubt downgrade will happen. How would one run the downgrader? The only viable option would be a fake NUS, which would require the private keys to sign the modified update files (they'd have to be modified to have a higher version than the one installed), and if you had private keys there's bound to be an easier way than that. Although I guess a downgrader could be run via an iEvolution if it became possible. But then why downgrade if you have an iEvolution?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I highly doubt downgrade will happen. How would one run the downgrader? The only viable option would be a fake NUS, which would require the private keys to sign the modified update files (they'd have to be modified to have a higher version than the one installed), and if you had private keys there's bound to be an easier way than that. Although I guess a downgrader could be run via an iEvolution if it became possible. But then why downgrade if you have an iEvolution?
Softmodding possibilites, there's still a lot that could be done, and all you would have to do is use the iEvo once and voila. Of course, that's just speculation

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
SifJar said:
Softmodding possibilites, there's still a lot that could be done, and all you would have to do is use the iEvo once and voila. Of course, that's just speculation
Seeing as that is purely hypothetical, why not expand it and say that, hypothetically, if that was possible, so would installing a custom channel, so no need to downgrade. Generally, there is little point in downgrading on most systems. Its not likely to be a viable option for the DSi either.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
qlum said:
dsi store is in maintenance atm I hope its not to remove those games otherwise I would be to late again.
The maintenance was announced and scheduled a few days ago actually.
Nintendo have nothing to gain by removing these titles any how, a very scant few people could even exploit it.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
And you know what I like the most? That these annoying Cyclops guys paid the homebrew I'm going to use!
tpi.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's a great news indeed ! But like for the previous hack, it will be limited to a few people who had the good idea to download those dsiware and stayed on an old firmware.

It's easier for now to run the dsi mode on a iEvo than on a dsiware hack exploit.
frown.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
qlum said:
dsi store is in maintenance atm I hope its not to remove those games otherwise I would be to late again.

If you don't have the games right now, it is impossible for you to ever use this exploit. Did you not read the first post?

QUOTE(tueidj @ Aug 25 2011, 09:35 PM) Correction to first post: "Guitar Rock Tour", not "Guitar Hero Tour".

Ah, thanks, I'll correct that now.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Maybe someone can make a package with spinal_cord's DSi Homebrew Channel and alekmaul's emulators? It's a bit difficult now... I don't know if A7800DS V1.0 is the latest version of alekmaul's Atari 5200 Emulator...

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
I just get a "This old protocol is not supported anymore" with 4B344456.bin (EA Sudoku EUR) and dsiwarehaxinj_v11. Although it's the new version 1.1.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hatredg0d said:
now the question is should i update my dsi, or wait for the possibility of someone else coming out with one for a game i own
There will be no more DSiWare Hax, this is the FINAL wave of DSiWare exploits. There is no point in holding out on updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1