FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might need to cover this one a bit more the the subject allowed.

Despite having masses of stuff to watch I found myself watching Rock N Rolla again the other night, at the time of its release I said something like "it will probably only be remembered in ten years by fans of the director", I hold that such a thing is still true but it does not stop me from enjoying it.

Another example might be Jackie Brown, for many it is Quentin Tarantino's other film (give or take how you might feel about Death Proof) in that not so many people might have seen it compared to the others but it still has its fans.

On the other hand anybody can watch say Star Wars, James Bond (save perhaps Timothy Dalton's Bond), the goonies, Back to the future.... at any point and nobody will raise an eyebrow until you hit superfan territory. For this I am not seeking that sort of film.

Films nobody expected to be all time greats but you really enjoy might be a better way of phrasing it though it is still not ideal.

As the Scifi channel Dune entries probably would make it onto such a list I will allow it to go there, if we end up speaking about old cartoons then we have gone too far.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Man, with your criteria it's sort of difficult for me to even think of one movie that I still watch like that.

I dunno if the Marx Brothers stuff counts, since it's mostly over 70-80 years old now (so unless you're a fan, you've probably never heard of them outside minor mentions), but I watch their films all the time when I need a laugh.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Philadelphia Story really stuck with me. I watched it with my mom because she said she liked it and I was amazed how much I loved it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/ kristianity77?
I keep meaning to watch it, I had ended up seeing a few kind of like it though so it tends to slip down the list.

More recently for me Lockout
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592525/
Absolutely action drivel but it really worked for me.

I really like the Thomas Jane punisher film, I first saw it on a plane and when I got back to the world (I was lumped with dial up) I found it has been trashed. Before someone asks yeah I did see the short, give me more. Indeed it is probably the only comic book film I can rewatch at all.

On the subject of Thomas Jane he did a film called Give 'em Hell Malone. I watched it as he was in a run of films I quite liked, though it was by no means unenjoyable I ultimately dismissed it but a friend that also saw it remarks about it to this day.

This is turning into more of a "I am a fan of B-movies" so I will cut it off here for the time being.

Reactions: calmwaters

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second Groundhog Day. And I'd add to the list Sneakers, which seems incredibly appropos to the state of affairs today.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might need to cover this one a bit more the the subject allowed.

Despite having masses of stuff to watch I found myself watching Rock N Rolla again the other night, at the time of its release I said something like "it will probably only be remembered in ten years by fans of the director", I hold that such a thing is still true but it does not stop me from enjoying it.

Another example might be Jackie Brown, for many it is Quentin Tarantino's other film (give or take how you might feel about Death Proof) in that not so many people might have seen it compared to the others but it still has its fans.

On the other hand anybody can watch say Star Wars, James Bond (save perhaps Timothy Dalton's Bond), the goonies, Back to the future.... at any point and nobody will raise an eyebrow until you hit superfan territory. For this I am not seeking that sort of film.

Films nobody expected to be all time greats but you really enjoy might be a better way of phrasing it though it is still not ideal.

As the Scifi channel Dune entries probably would make it onto such a list I will allow it to go there, if we end up speaking about old cartoons then we have gone too far.

rock n rolla, the worst of the guy ritchie films , but not bad, but whatever happened to the sequel they promise at the end?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1