Hacking Filesystem access via PegaSwitch?

krion64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to access the Switch's file system via PegaSwitch command line or would a file browsing program have to be written first? I ask because the place where saves are stored on the Switch is documented but I don't know how to read from it or write to it. Anybody have any ideas?

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it I asked a stupid question. Regardless that is no reason to be rude.

Good on you dude, agreed 100%

Take a look at the some of the example javascript files, you will have to get used to/understand return based programming, but the SetRtc example is a good start as it is documented pretty well.

I was looking at the dumpArchives.js Friday and tried creating a modified version of it in order to pull the applets, but unfortunately it isn't as simple as changing the title ID's :)

The Title ID's for applets are in the 1000's, which throws an error if you incorporate titles that are NOT 8XX based...

I also tried doing something like IDirectory.DirList(), but that isn't a valid command it seems... maybe I am calling it wrong, how do you use the methods in those files? Anybody have any ideas? I tried looking into other scripts but they don't have any good indications.

Last edited by SocraticBliss,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I understod it correctly it should be possible to access many files using smhax.
I tried getting a handle for the service which manages the fs permissions(fsp-pr) and use it to give the browser applet full file system access, but after sending the command, one part of the system always seams be crashing.
I think it didn't work because of wrong params, but I'm not completely sure.

Reactions: peteruk

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understod it correctly it should be possible to access many files using smhax.
I tried getting a handle for the service which manages the fs permissions(fsp-pr) and use it to give the browser applet full file system access, but after sending the command, one part of the system always seams be crashing.
I think it didn't work because of wrong params, but I'm not completely sure.

That's a good point, I haven't tried using any other service besides the fsp-srv, maybe I could try messing with the permissions for those system applets... I tried to list the directories but I don't think I have the correct command syntax, do you (or anyone else) know how to use the IFile/IFileSystem/IDirectory methods?

Especially the GetDir method...

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ReSwitched team that built pegaswitch have privately accessed the file system and can transfer saves from one console to another. This ability is not public yet, as it relies on more exploits beyond sm:h that they don't want Nintendo to be aware of yet.

Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted User

That's a good point, I haven't tried using any other service besides the fsp-srv, maybe I could try messing with the permissions for those system applets... I tried to list the directories but I don't think I have the correct command syntax, do you (or anyone else) know how to use the IFile/IFileSystem/IDirectory methods?

Especially the GetDir method...
A prefix of "I" before any object or class denotes that it's an interface, which means you have to create a class that defines its implementation yourself (or wait until an implementation is available)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SocraticBliss

SocraticBliss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A prefix of "I" before any object or class denotes that it's an interface, which means you have to create a class that defines its implementation yourself (or wait until an implementation is available)

Thanks for that, I didn't want to make any assumptions about the implementation, this makes a lot more sense now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)