Homebrew files needed for luma 10.2 CFW

AlmightyDrizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, sorry if this is posted somewhere already, im sure it is i just couldnt find it. I just bought a o3ds off ebay and found out it was CFW. I figued out it was Luma 10.2 on it through trial and error, but i was wondering if i need any other files on the sd card. All i put on was the luma 10.2 boot.3dsx and boot.firm file. after loading up it added luma folder and nintendo 3ds folder. Thanks for any help and again sorry if this is posted somewhere else.

Darkshadow1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Does the 3DS work? If so then there is technically no need to add additional files. The boot.firm is needer for loading Luma and boot.3dsx is needed for homebrew launcher. If there are lets say forwarders then you may need the files otherwise just delete them. Also I recommend putting boot.firm in the nand so that you do not need an sd card to boot the 3DS.

Reactions: AlmightyDrizzle

AlmightyDrizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it initally didnt work, it would just flash blue when powered on then off. I looked it up and came across this website and figued out that I just need the luma boot file. Do you have a website detailing how to move the boot.firm to the nand? If not im sure i can come across it. Thanks for the quick reply!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, it initally didnt work, it would just flash blue when powered on then off. I looked it up and came across this website and figued out that I just need the luma boot file. Do you have a website detailing how to move the boot.firm to the nand? If not im sure i can come across it. Thanks for the quick reply!
Just do the finalizing part of the guide
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup

This will copy boot.firm to CTRNAND and set up the most important homebrew applications.

If you have and further questions or problems just ask again.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

AlmightyDrizzle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i did what KleinesSinchen said to do and im on the step for launching the homebrew launcer, but when it happens i get a screen saying an exception occurred and I have two options. Press a to save the crash dump or press any other button to shutdown. i save the crash dump and it says I can find the dump on my sd card. Any guidance on what to do next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."