File sorting question and more

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by geonjay, Aug 9, 2010.

Aug 9, 2010
  1. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Hello.

I have an Acekard 2i updated to 1.7.1 (and I've updated the loader). I have 2 quick Q's.

1) I've labeled the ROMs as #### - Name.nds (ie: 1234 - Super Brawl.nds). With the old CycloDS I could sort the games by internal name and they would be listed in alphabetical order. With the acekard, even if I choose "internal" they are still listed in the filename order - I see the internal name (the #'s don't show), but the files are still sorted in filename order. Is this a bug, or is it working as desired? I can go through and removed the leading #'s, but they really do help me keep track of what I've got. I've probably just skipped the option that sets this up properly.

2) Wifi update - yes, i've read the wiki - it always gives me the "Wifi Connect Problem" as soon as the plugin comes up. My wifi setup works - I can get into the Nintendo store, etc. I DO run WPA, but the wiki wasn't clear that the Wifi plugin runs in DS mode.

Thanks

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    1) I don't believe AKAIO has the ability to sort by internal file name, only display.

2) You cannot connect to your router if its running WPA on your Acekard because the Acekard running on your DSi in DS Mode which means all new hardware and features are not active. The entire Acekard runs in DS Mode, not just the WiFi plugin. This also means you will not have access to enhanced segments of DSi enhanced games.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Use RToolDS to manage your ROMs. Use NDScrc (they use a common DB) to rename your ROMs and package them into archives. Keep an archived copy on your PC, and in RToolDS when you copy them to the MicroSD it will unpack the ROM from the archive and you can tell it to rename them removing the scene number and release group. You can even set it to trim the ROM as it copies it.

The links to both are in my Acekard guide.

4. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Thanks to you both!!