File renaming homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ryukouki, Apr 22, 2009.

Apr 22, 2009

File renaming homebrew by Ryukouki at 11:50 PM (746 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Does anyone know a good homebrew that can rename save files and other files, like the renaming app that DSO had? My DSO does not work on the Acekard 2i, with any version. I find it a hassle to have to go on a computer to do this, and I want to do it on the go.

2. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i don't think you could find one that would do it reliably.

DSO had card corruption issues, so even if you got that working, it probably wouldn't be that safe.

safest thing to do would be to just use the PC, it couldn't be that big a deal.

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    DSO corrupted my SD Card a while ago... I sorta got confused since my Moonshell Beta 2, and M3 Sakura would never load on my AceKard 2.1. Assuming that it just had corruption issues, I reformatted it multiple times and would still use DSO. Later on finding out DSO was the cause of all my problems, I stopped using it.

Doesn't the AceKard GUI/OS have a renaming part? If not... Then just use PC. It is safe just as Blake has said.

4. Ryukouki
    OP

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    ok well thanks again

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you've got some sort of slot-2 RAM, you can give DSLinux a shot. You'd have to get familiar with the "cp" and "mv" commands but it's really not that hard, especially with tab-completion which makes typing filenames much much faster. Might also work without slot-2 RAM but I'm not 100% positive on that.

6. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    ds linux does work without slot 2 ram, but some features such as the internet browsers require slot 2 ram. you could try ds dos, dunno if it has that feature.