FFXIII-2 Pre-order Bonus

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by machomuu, Oct 3, 2011.

Oct 3, 2011

FFXIII-2 Pre-order Bonus by machomuu at 9:34 PM (919 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. machomuu
    OP

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    [​IMG]

Pre-order bonuses are a dime a dozen these days. Having some sort of incentive is almost a mandatory practice to lure in undecided gamers looking for a little extra before they buy. SquareEnix has revealed the pre-order bonuses for the U.S for the big three, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon. What is interesting in this case is that all three pre-order are different this time around. Vastly different.

The first pre-order comes from Best Buy, where gamers will be able to snag a hardcover book entitled Final Fantasy XIII Episode 1, (insert Phantom Menace joke here) a novella that will tie together the events of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Not a bad gift, considering it’s definite collectors value for hardcore Final Fantasy fans.

The second pre-order bonus is for Amazon, and to say the least it’s a doozy. Pre-orders from Amazon will be given a boss battle against the creature called Omega, and following the fight you can recruit Omega to join the party for the rest of the game! I don’t know if anything can really top that gift, but Gamestop can try.

Gamestop pre-orders get an alternate costume for main character Serah.

Yeah…I normally am not biased, but Gamestop is getting the short end of the stick here. In fact, Amazon really has the best bonus of the bunch, if you ask me. I am somewhat surprised that SquareEnix has decided to differentiate the bonuses so much. This is not an uncommon practice though; Dragon Age: Origins had a multitude of pre-order bonuses that were vastly different, but it was usually a weapon or two that were still equip-able in game. But one of the gifts, as far as we can see, drastically changes the gameplay experience over the other two in this case.

Well if you do pre-order XIII-2, make sure to do so before it’s release date on January 31st, 2012.[/p]

[​IMG]Via
    [​IMG]Source

Well, I can safely say I won't be pre-ordering from Gamestop...

2. Amiti

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wow GameStop.....

Best Buy's bonus sounds interesting but I might have to go with Amazon on this one.

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You guys might as well go with Best Buy, all DLC will be available at some point.

4. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I agree. If you'd want everything it would be better to just get the book, then wait for all the DLC to come out.

5. Izzy011

Member Izzy011 The Business Bitch

United States
    Perhaps Square Enix is mad at Gamestop for what they did with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

6. machomuu
    OP

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well that was SE Eidos, I doubt any other branch really cared.

Though I could be wrong.

7. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    this .
    Will check out pre-ordering now .

8. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I'll buy the game, hold onto it for about 10 days, then go back and return it. Keep the pre-order bonus. Then I'll buy the game when it's cheaper.

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    maybe its how much THEY paid square for having these bonuses. or maybe ppl dont buy from (3rd) best buy