FFIV help

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by leetcakes, Aug 19, 2008.

Aug 19, 2008

FFIV help by leetcakes at 7:13 PM (1,512 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. leetcakes
    OP

Member leetcakes GBAtemp Regular

Belize
    The fight which rydia re-appears with her mist dragon and saves cecil from golbez's pet dark dragon
    guides say i should cast libra to find out golbez elemental weakness, but when i cast libra, it says target analyzed, but i still dont know the weakness?
    someone tell me how libra works?

2. leetcakes
    OP

Belize
    after several tries, it still does not die, i also tried to fight it w/o elemental, with yang, but its too strong, who can tell me how libra works?

3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    look at the bottom screen when you go to attack him (after you cast Libra)
    you will see his weakness

he will CHANGE his weakness so you will need to cast Libra no see what the NEW weakness is

4. SargeSmash

Member SargeSmash GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It tells you the current elemental affinity on the bottom screen. Use Libra, and then select attack with one of your characters, but do NOT attack. The bottom screen will show the enemy targeted and its current weakness.

5. leetcakes
    OP

Belize
    LOl dddammm, i was like staring at the top screen trying to see what his elemental weakness was, staring pretty hard hoping to see some color or something showing elements

6. maz-

Newcomer maz- Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not 100% sure on this one, but the spells Golbez uses also tell you his current weakness - for example, if he's casting Fira, have Rydia summon Ifrit etc.
    I didn't even bother reviving the other party members, I finished the fight just with Cecil and Rydia alive.

7. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You don't even need to bother with any of that.

Here's a few of the best strategies against Golbez: 1) you have items in this version that weren't present in the original, _so use them_. By this point you should have one that casts slow, so that is the most important one to use ASAP. Any others with beneficial effects are good too (don't think you have one yet to cast reflect, but if you do, that would be a great way to take Golbez down with his own magic)

2) Also note the way that they changed the coding in this version. Right when the battle begins, skip _immediately_ to Kain and have him jump. They programmed it to not paralyze+kill your party until everybody is present, so that buys you some time while he's in the air. Have Rosa cast haste on Cecil, Cecil can cast shell on himself, you can probably get in an attack by Yang or just have him use the item to slow Golbez.

Just FYI, in the original you could time Kain's jump so he would be in the air while your party is killed, that way he would come back down and you would have three people making the battle much easier.

3) just use non elemental magic against Golbez. I think Rydia can cast Bio at that point, and if she can summon the mist dragon then use that too.

4) if you feel like it, you can revive the rest of your party but they're not necessary, at this point Golbez is a pushover

8. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    You raise some good points there.

I beat him raising the 2 dead with a little work, has cecil use libra/cure, rosa the same, and first set off bio on golbez and then repeatedly used the mist dragon and whatever weakness he had off the rotation. It didn't take too long and yah with yang I focused and pounded away for some of it, items on others.

9. QuietKorean814

Newcomer QuietKorean814 Member

United States
    i just killed him in one hit with ar codes muahahaha [​IMG]

10. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Game isn't that hard that it warrants cheaters [​IMG]

11. Blackout

Member Blackout GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Where's the fun in that?! =P