FF:XII Grinding

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by em jay, Aug 3, 2010.

1. em jay
    OP

em jay Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    I love this game, but after I thought I had completed it, I discovered that I have to do all the side missions in order to complete the game fully. I'm fine with that, as I enjoy battling scions, but many of them (like Gilgamesh) are very high levels, and my team don't stand a chance against him, and a couple of others. I have my original 5 members at levels 54 & 53 (except penelo), but my espers are often fairly lower leveled. (the other 4 members are around level 45). Are the esper levels calculated through some sorta average? And, if so, which levels are best for EXP grinding? I assume I'm stuck to endless melees until I have enough levels to hold my own against the scions. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. redfalcon

redfalcon GBATemp Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Gambia, The
    As far as I remember, some (all?) of the Bosses scale to your current level in some way. The more sidequests you accomplish, the more difficult the game gets. Thats why I ditched the game at some point, grinding didnt't help anything for me because the enemys just scaled with me. If I'm wrong correct me, I really liked the game, but hated that leveling-system. I always felt completely underleveled while progressing through the story.

3. LastMartini

LastMartini Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    Um two things.

Isn't this a NDS forum and FF 12 is a PS2 game??

Other thing is why do you not autolevel your characters. There are a few guides over at Gamefaqs. And the monsters do level up with you but they have a max level.

4. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    they're talking about FF:XII Revenant Wings for DS

5. Jax

Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Jul 31, 2006
    Portugal
    L.A.V.
  6. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You don't need to grind, you need a good strategy.
    The only point that you have to grind is the final boss, but that's only if you do every mission, since that'll make him a level 100 fiend.
    So go look at a walkthrough or come up with a good strategy.

7. em jay
    OP

em jay Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    Well, I am currently 30 levels below the next scion, which is Wings of Midnight. That mission requires me to kill a semingly endless amount of leve 3 espers.

The other level I cnnot do is Keeper of precepts, against Zodiark, who is level 95.

f I remember correctly, gamefaqs suggests that I shouldbe atcirtain levels to complete these challenges. I still cannot get to these levels withought grinding, though (I did just beat Gilgamesh, though [​IMG])