Gaming FF:XII Grinding

em jay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love this game, but after I thought I had completed it, I discovered that I have to do all the side missions in order to complete the game fully. I'm fine with that, as I enjoy battling scions, but many of them (like Gilgamesh) are very high levels, and my team don't stand a chance against him, and a couple of others. I have my original 5 members at levels 54 & 53 (except penelo), but my espers are often fairly lower leveled. (the other 4 members are around level 45). Are the esper levels calculated through some sorta average? And, if so, which levels are best for EXP grinding? I assume I'm stuck to endless melees until I have enough levels to hold my own against the scions. Any help would be much appreciated.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As far as I remember, some (all?) of the Bosses scale to your current level in some way. The more sidequests you accomplish, the more difficult the game gets. Thats why I ditched the game at some point, grinding didnt't help anything for me because the enemys just scaled with me. If I'm wrong correct me, I really liked the game, but hated that leveling-system. I always felt completely underleveled while progressing through the story.

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um two things.

Isn't this a NDS forum and FF 12 is a PS2 game??

Other thing is why do you not autolevel your characters. There are a few guides over at Gamefaqs. And the monsters do level up with you but they have a max level.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You don't need to grind, you need a good strategy.
The only point that you have to grind is the final boss, but that's only if you do every mission, since that'll make him a level 100 fiend.
So go look at a walkthrough or come up with a good strategy.

em jay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I am currently 30 levels below the next scion, which is Wings of Midnight. That mission requires me to kill a semingly endless amount of leve 3 espers.

The other level I cnnot do is Keeper of precepts, against Zodiark, who is level 95.

f I remember correctly, gamefaqs suggests that I shouldbe atcirtain levels to complete these challenges. I still cannot get to these levels withought grinding, though (I did just beat Gilgamesh, though
biggrin.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already