FF:CC RoF Save File

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by KrimzoneReaver, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

FF:CC RoF Save File by KrimzoneReaver at 11:29 PM (1,097 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. KrimzoneReaver
    OP

Newcomer KrimzoneReaver Newbie

United States
    I have a save file from the Japanese version of the game, but I want to start playing the English version of the game. Is there any way I can hack my English game so I have everything from my Japanese game? I have tried simply hex editing, but the checksums causes my characters to be deleted.

2. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm pretty sure that changing the jap file name to match the english rom would work, it worked for me and the Donkey Kong swinging game.

3. KrimzoneReaver
    OP

United States
    When I do that, the only thing that works is my Friend Roster. My characters do not seem to get transferred, neither my single player nor my multi-player characters.

4. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Is this because your character names were in Japanese and they cant be automatically translated to English?

5. KrimzoneReaver
    OP

United States
    Nope, my character's names were all in English. Well at least my multi-player characters. The single-player characters, I have no clue what their names were, but I actually don't care about them.