fender RB3 Squier guitar/controller priced!

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and dated. comes out march. just in time for tax refunds

i was expecting it to be 350 given they supposedly used a 250 dollar body, but it's pretty reasonable i think. i'm gonna sell my son's guitar and get this for the both of us.

fender stratocaster guitar controller

QUOTE said:
Fender, the name synonymous with rock 'n' roll, brings you the world's first electric guitar that is also an officially licensed Rock Band™ 3 video game controller. Created for musicians and gamers alike, the Squier by Fender Stratocaster Guitar and Controller rocks both worlds—whether plugged into a guitar amp or into a video game console. Be the first to receive exclusive information about its release by signing up now!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I might actually be able to play one of these games now. It's no longer a dance mat game you hold in your hand. Does anyone know if there will be a way to use a normal electric guitar though? I've already got a proper Strat and Tele, and another couple of guitars so can't really justify the extra expense, or want to sacrifice one to get something that is lower quality. I'm sure most people who actually play will be in a similar position.

EDIT: Especially seeing as it will probably be £279.99 over here. That's almost 3 Squire Strats and practice amps, or just under the starting price of an actual Fender.

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we got a basic entry level one and i certainly don't want 2 entry level ones. so i'm in somewhat of a similar situation except for me it's more of a space issue. i simply don't have room for more devices in my house, if i buy something, something of equal size and function needs to leave the house.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably a decent option in you're situation then. But it looks like they've turned the strings and threats into switches instead of using the audio. That's what I expected this to do when I first read it, like those sing along games. So I guess it's this or nothing. But it does have midi which could be cool, it's never worked right on a guitar before. But only 2 pickups and no trem. I'm also guessing it will only work right when in standard tuning, especially the midi part. Erm, this might be a hard one to decide about.

nando

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't think the tuning matters. i think for the game it only senses were your fingers are, which strings you are applying pressure to and where you stroke them on time. the sound it makes is irrelevant.

for the game the songs will display in their original tuning.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't justify this guitar as much as I'd love it. I'm in the same position as Nobs by the time this comes out I will already have a decent £300 Les Paul copy so why would I want a 2nd poor quality one with RB3 innards? If there was somehow a converter it would be awesome but it looks like it will use some kind of MIDI output.

ap831

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
ap831 said:
Music games are dead
Sales figures beg to differ

Hurrrr durrrrr!

http://www.1up.com/news/guitar-hero-warrio...ales-disappoint

rolleyes.gif

http://play.tm/news/27644/early-dj-hero-sales-disappoint/

derp derp derp!

http://www.huliq.com/10177/dj-hero-2-guita...es-results-poor

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band is a lot different from GH, seeing as Rock Band has more than a guitar before Guitar Hero did. Then Guitar Hero decided to follow in Rock Band's footsteps and add the other instruments, and only making new set lists for each game. They rely on the songs in the game to sell good.

Rock Band 3 has a lot of revolutionary things for the series, one being the introduction of the keyboard, and the other being that there are pro instruments now. Guitar Hero doesn't have that, although they'll probably introduce a keyboard into their next game. Also, DJ Hero 1&2 failed because they were bound to. The majority of gamers that play music games listen to rock or metal, and a rap/rap remix oriented game was bound to fail because of that.

Also ap831, your link to the article on play.tm is broken, which makes me think you just went on Google and found whatever link pertaining to bad sales for those games showed up, and pasted it here, regardless of if it worked or not, which clearly, it doesn't.

/musicgamesarestillfunexceptguitarherorant

cruznik71450

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of paying just under 300$ for a new guitar when I already have 10 that I can just pull off the wall. I think it's an interesting idea and music games used to be fun but I can easily just turn my amp on fire up my computer and look for tabs of songs I actually want to play instead of the same old re-hashed crap that they sell every 6 months to a year. RB3 does does have an awesome idea for the keyboard but it's not exactly too pricey to just buy a keyboard and learn. It's a ton more full-filling just buying the instrument of choice and learning because at least when you get older you won't have to feel stupid saying "Well I can get 100million points on Expert mode on some really crappy song that no one really likes". Only music games I actually have fun playing now are Taiko and Beatmania. I might be proven wrong tho if I'm at a friends house and RB3 blows my mind lol.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
cwstjdenobs said:
Jamstruth said:
ap831 said:
Music games are dead

And I don't know a single person who can play guitar who can play the games. That's a lot of people who might suddenly like the game.
I play both guitar and Guitarhero / Rockband.. WIN!!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lucky you
smile.gif
I guess we're either 1) too old school gamer
wink.gif
, 2) too impatient 'cause it should be easy, or 3) feel too much of a prat holding a tiny plastic guitar to give it enough time.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cwstjdenobs said:
Jamstruth said:
ap831 said:
Music games are dead

And I don't know a single person who can play guitar who can play the games. That's a lot of people who might suddenly like the game.
I can and to be honest to Pro Mode will get me playing more. Looks like I will have to pawn off my Squier Strat though so I can get the new guitar, cause at 300 dollars that's a pretty hefty price tag.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
ap831 said:
Music games are dead
What sales figures? There are articles floating around that GH: Warriors of rock and DJ hero 2 are doing almost poorly.

Here is an example

I personally think that it's too many releases, most people (ie the casuals) are content with one or two discs

Harmonix believes they can change that with Rockband 3. It's deffinietly the best in my opinion but I don't know if they're going to turn any heads with expensive controllers like this..

I'd love to try pro guitar/keyboard but the admission price is insurmountable to me right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands