ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

00technocolor00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fyi to the people saying the support editing option was grayed out, thats from playing with the marriage expansion patch because it messes up with supports and the program cant read it right so it just says fuck it and wont let you. If you do, like me, accidentally save your game with out the patch on and no recent back up you can export the save and edit the supports.
Im trying to figure out who corresponds to who but its seems, for het couples at least, the game and program will read the characters last s-support option as being the one done. For example ive got Scarlet and Ryoma s-ranked. The program reads his s-rank as being to Elise, even though im playing birthright. And when checking my support logs with the patch off ive apparently got Ryoma and Elises supports are unlocked. Even though I havnt even played rev. (Curious what the game would do if I import my saves into just a single path game cus Im playing the special addition. Like if those supports are still in the games data despite the corresponding routes not being) So try looking at your support log with the patch off and maybe you'll be able to tell who correlates to who. Also it seems female characters minus the avatar and plus Niles if u gay him keep the same partner with and with out the patch on. Idk what that means though. Also children keep their parent support ranks.
Is it possible to have feft-widdler instead use the game data from the patch? An option to import gamedata would be good cus then you would have to release a new version every time UV updates her patch. If possible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait, so I have to hex edit the gamedata right? I'm willing to do that, but I' not so sure which values correspond to what
theres a program which uses nightmare modules you can edit game data with. I think its called Fire emblem fates edit tools

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Child supports work different than normal supports, they work based off of their parent pointers because the game will auto generate supports between kids, parents and siblings.

As for modified GameData and the support editing, the editor is mostly made with the base game in mind, which is why a lot of romhacks will throw it off, you have to consider that, if the editor gives specific support for any romhack, then it'd be expected for it to treat them all and that's an unrealistic expectation.

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Save hacking can be so fascinating at times.
dQ0BY6q.jpg

UdYblRZ.jpg

33CpNfV.jpg
...maybe I should do a 'Takumi: the game' playthrough, where everyone is Takumi.

Edit:
Oh dear, Takumi: The Game has begun.
http://imgur.com/a/vT9Xr

Last edited by whitewolf8,

ChaoticNovaXT

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone help me? Whenever I save the file I have edited, remove the SD card, launch HomeBrew, and Import the save, how come I don't get the things I have edited? Plus whenever I import, it send me back to the HomeBrew menu. Is this supposed to happen?

For example: Max Gold. I edited Max gold on one of my game files but it gave me the original amount I had before I edited (which was 3000)
I went back to the editor to see if I accidentally forgot to save, but it still had the things I have edited. I have tried many things, compressing, decompressing, saving, deleting (not the main file but the backups which I backed-up as well)

Is it because i'm using a cartridge?
Is it because I run homebrew on SmileBasic?
Is it because I have the DLC's for the Dragons Gate, and or Nohr and Revelation?

I'm really confused. If you can help me thanks! This might be very unclear, so ask away if you need some clearing up.

PS: I'm new to this.

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone help me? Whenever I save the file I have edited, remove the SD card, launch HomeBrew, and Import the save, how come I don't get the things I have edited? Plus whenever I import, it send me back to the HomeBrew menu. Is this supposed to happen?

For example: Max Gold. I edited Max gold on one of my game files but it gave me the original amount I had before I edited (which was 3000)
I went back to the editor to see if I accidentally forgot to save, but it still had the things I have edited. I have tried many things, compressing, decompressing, saving, deleting (not the main file but the backups which I backed-up as well)

Is it because I have the DLC's for the Dragons Gate, and or Nohr and Revelation?

I'm really confused. If you can help me thanks! This might be very unclear, so ask away if you need some clearing up.

What are you using to dump the save? Could be the 9.6+ crypto mucking with things, especially if its cartridge and the save manager is returning to the home menu when you try to inject. That doesnt sound normal to me....

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using to dump the save? Could be the 9.6+ crypto mucking with things, especially if its cartridge and the save manager is returning to the home menu when you try to inject. That doesnt sound normal to me....
That's what I was thinking. I've tried to use a Fates cart with one of the homebrew save managers and it didn't turn out well. :/

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save hacking can be so fascinating at times.
dQ0BY6q.jpg

UdYblRZ.jpg

33CpNfV.jpg
...maybe I should do a 'Takumi: the game' playthrough, where everyone is Takumi.

Edit:
Oh dear, Takumi: The Game has begun.
http://imgur.com/a/vT9Xr
Hey uh, with your vallite Takumi, did you notice any adverse effects? I didnt have any problems before, but today I loaded up my file and I didnt have my regular Takumi. The game doesn't say he died, and as far as I can tell, his inventory has been moved into the Convoy. My Scarlet is still here, which makes me even more confused.

Edit: Okay, oddly enough, the game now shoes that Takumi died. But it thinks that the evil Takumi was the one that died, and that the original doesn't exist. I guess a quick import will fix.

Also give your secrets on Takumi Emblem pls

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey uh, with your vallite Takumi, did you notice any adverse effects? I didnt have any problems before, but today I loaded up my file and I didnt have my regular Takumi. The game doesn't say he died, and as far as I can tell, his inventory has been moved into the Convoy. My Scarlet is still here, which makes me even more confused.

Edit: Okay, oddly enough, the game now shoes that Takumi died. But it thinks that the evil Takumi was the one that died, and that the original doesn't exist. I guess a quick import will fix.

Also give your secrets on Takumi Emblem pls
Oh dear, that is definitely strange. Although, I haven't really 'saved' since adding Valla Takumi to my game, didn't think to do do it 'cause i'm an idiot ;_;

...There's not really anything too secret on Takumi Emblem, I just go through the save before/after each chapter and change everyone's character ID to Takumi's.
...if you want i could upload the file if you don't want to risk yourself or something.
...although i am doing a playthrough thing on reddit if you really don't want to screw stuff up, i dunno, i'm just stupid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem...ough_takumi_the_game/?st=iqhngp3h&sh=4dd3f64c

Dark1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ok I've had my save that I've edited before not load so what I did was that I deleted the saves I had exported and edited but wouldn't load and then I exported a new save, edited that one and then it loaded fine. No decompressing or compressing needed, how do you extract your save anyway?

Last edited by Dark1,

neofranky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am not sure if this has been asked, but is there a way to check the level up rolls for Lunatic mode, and if possible, alter them?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so short question, as i didn't really follow this all that much in the last months.
does this still require complicated de- and encrypting for Awakening?
And can we, at this point, add late game characters to the army in the beginning?

edit: sorry, didn't notice this wasnt even the non-fates one.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

It is doing this because after you save the save in the Fire Emblem save editor it will also save a backup of that save in your saves folder. I ran into that same problem and after I deleted the backup it fixed the problem. Hope this helps!
[edit] if doing that doesn't help you might want to switch to emunand but idk if that will work.

Last edited by Seliph,

MapleBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone happen to have lategame Birthright/Conquest files with minimal marriages? I searched through the thread and could only find Revelations files. T'would be greatly appreciated. < 3

*Edit* Sorry, this probably isn't the right place to ask this x - x

Last edited by MapleBlade,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone happen to have lategame Birthright/Conquest files with minimal marriages? I searched through the thread and could only find Revelations files. T'would be greatly appreciated. < 3

*Edit* Sorry, this probably isn't the right place to ask this x - x

No problem! I believe that there is only one marriage in this save. FeMU and Jakob.

EDIT: Uploaded wrong file. This is Birthright on the last chapter

Attachments

• Chapter0.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by trainboy2019,
Reactions: MapleBlade

DeferredGalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the randomizer. Is it specific to one region? I have a copy of US Fire Emblem: Fates, and whenever I use the randomizer, everything appears alright, but I reopen the save and the unit list looks like this.

Screenshot%202016-07-12%2023.46.26.png

The only reason I ask about the region bit is because CipherMarth appears somewhere along the list, so I wonder if it's reading the list wrong? (I know it shouldn't, I guess the Cipher unit threw me off.)

Other than that, I've been reading around the forums, and people suggested to do it with a fresh start of a file. I've done it with even a file starting from the prologue, and it still crashes. Most of the units say "One or more values is invalid for this unit. You can still use the hex editor, though.", most of them saying "Error loading Class and Level data."

Is it specific to a region, or is the randomizer just broken? It sounds like a fun feature, and I wonder if people actually have gotten it to work properly.

-- EDIT --
I'd also like to add that Corrin never seems affected by this error. Only the other units.

Last edited by DeferredGalaxy,

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the randomizer. Is it specific to one region? I have a copy of US Fire Emblem: Fates, and whenever I use the randomizer, everything appears alright, but I reopen the save and the unit list looks like this.

Screenshot%202016-07-12%2023.46.26.png

The only reason I ask about the region bit is because CipherMarth appears somewhere along the list, so I wonder if it's reading the list wrong? (I know it shouldn't, I guess the Cipher unit threw me off.)

Other than that, I've been reading around the forums, and people suggested to do it with a fresh start of a file. I've done it with even a file starting from the prologue, and it still crashes. Most of the units say "One or more values is invalid for this unit. You can still use the hex editor, though.", most of them saying "Error loading Class and Level data."

Is it specific to a region, or is the randomizer just broken? It sounds like a fun feature, and I wonder if people actually have gotten it to work properly.

-- EDIT --
I'd also like to add that Corrin never seems affected by this error. Only the other units.
Its incomplete. Don't ask me about the status of it (not involved in its creation) but randomizers in themselves, by their nature are difficult to deal with. Right now it's just a joking around thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not