Fedex...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by dark ajax, Jun 3, 2010.

Jun 3, 2010

Fedex... by dark ajax at 8:23 PM (1,614 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. dark ajax
    OP

Member dark ajax GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Well, recently I started working in Fedex Customer Service, answering the phone for US customers and all that, so the thing is, I've never used Fedex before, and I would like to know anyones opinion on it, I've gotten mostly normal calls, but some people calls really mad and yells you and everything, and of course some make racist comments when they ask you where you are and the answer is Mexico...
    So anyways I would like to know, what can you guys tell me about it???

2. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    They're like the best shipping service available. If something goes wrong expect the worst.

3. Rogue_Ninja

Member Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ive worked with Fed-Ex while working for an online wholesale hobby shop and fed ex had good customer service and was alot easier to deal with than UPS.

As far as the racist remarks, your gonna get that whatever job you do. Some people are just ignorant and only know how to put people down. Just keep your head up and keep earning your living.

4. dark ajax
    OP

Mexico
    You're right, actually i got a call yesterday form a man in alabama, and he was curious where were we located, so i told him mexico, and he said it was interesting, and started speaking in spanish to me, (i had to put my phone on mute to LOL, no because his spanish was bad, but because that was really unexpected) he had good spanish, and that made me smile...

5. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    It's the world's best courier service.But nowadays Bluedart seems to surpassing it due to unknown reasons.

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    alot of people dont like them outsourcing their work to other countries, so they can hire people at like a quarter of the pay for longer hours, but really pretty much every company does it now

never heard of them

USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, and what ever if left of DHL

7. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

In the US, they rank above UPS and USPS as more reliable and safer... I am not sure about DHL, but DHL got me my replacement Acekards in two days from China (but that might just be the Acekard team being awesome and using the most expensive shipping).

8. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Better than working for DHL.

9. fgghjjkll

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    I use UPS. Only because my dad uses UPS and the UPS dude comes up to the shop every day... :wtf:

10. bluejays

Member bluejays GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've never used fed ex before but i see their trucks pass by in toronto all the time.

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Really? When I get stuff from FedEx its always broken or poorly packaged.
    Does DHL still exist? I havent heard about them in ages.

12. dark ajax
    OP

Mexico
    Actually i think dhl is now pretty much focused on international service, rather than within the US...

13. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    Surely that is the person/business sending the item that is at fault, not the courier?

14. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I once ordered trough fedex, the pakkage took 1-2 days to arive in holland (unfortunately the costums got hold of it and hold it a week .......)

and DHL, I see a truck of them daily, I live in a industreal area (fine place to live, only a couple of buisneses are anoying one of which uses the DHL service [​IMG] ) but I also see UPS, I like their vehicles better becaus the look strudier.

15. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well some courier treat packages like shit, Even if packaged well it can get damaged.

16. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    They all treat it like shit, but poor packaging has nothing to do with the courier and everything to do with the person who sent the item.

17. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    I think they're a very great shipping company.
    Here, Air 21 is fed ex's ummm I forgot how to call it. Like a partner company?

18. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I also prefer Fedex, the price premium is worth the security and reliability for me.

Long-winded anti-UPS rant enclosed..
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

19. hunnymonster

Member hunnymonster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I despise all of the courier companies here with more or less equal venom. Sure I live in the sticks, they know where the sticks is but continue to accept "next day before 7.30am" packages for places where their van doesn't appear until noon at the earliest. Consequently I get a lot of shipping fees repaid.

Don't employ drivers who lie about carding (because you were out, when in fact you were in all the while).

Don't employ drivers not being able to find the address on Tuesday, despite the same driver being at the address on the Monday picking up an item.

Don't employ drivers who cannot read special delivery instructions - like "if lost call me at 555-1111".

Do Make your drivers carry change because there's no way of predicting accurately the customs fees plus your own variable addons - they like to say "I'm not a bank" well here's some news, neither am I. They don't accept cheques (in case they bounce) or credit cards. This is why I will pay your driver in the largest number of coins possible, it's also why I want a receipt for it.

Don't come the bullshit about the cost of clearing items through customs - no way does it cost £15+ to do that (nor does the cost of clearing items go up as a percentage of it's value, it's the same number of button presses on your calculator) - I remember when you could do it yourself here, you got a card from the customs telling you what you had to pay (and how it was calculated), you paid it at the Post Office (for an extra 30p, or at the customs office for free and took the receipt to the Post Office) - if you didn't do that within a week, your parcel was returned or destroyed. Simple.

None of this is in any way a justification for abusing the customer service line - they probably heard it a million times from others.