FDS games not saving...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by lilpuddy31, Aug 24, 2012.

Aug 24, 2012

FDS games not saving... by lilpuddy31 at 7:08 PM (642 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. lilpuddy31
    OP

Newcomer lilpuddy31 Member

United States
    Hi everyone, I have run into a little problem uing FCEUGX, i don't know if it is a bug or if it's not implemented yet...

When I play an FDS game, and I die in-game and choose save, the disk image does not get over-written with the new save. I am using 3.2.9 daube1 which I believe is the latest version of the cover mod. Is it a bug in the emulator? or the cover mod? or has it just never been implemented? Would updateing to the lastest official FCEUGX release fix the problem? Thank you in advance for any input :)

2. lilpuddy31
    OP

Newcomer lilpuddy31 Member

United States
    ok, since it appears that no ones know the answer to my original question, I will ask a new question. Does anyone know if WiiMedNaFen supports FDS disk writing (saving)?

3. GeBeCluck23

Newcomer GeBeCluck23 Member

United States
    Hey, I had the same problem. I hope someone knows how to fix this. I read somewhere that .FDS games don't have a separate .sav file, and to save, it literally re-creates the file...that still wouldn't explain why it wouldn't work though, if it's programed in...If this topic isn't a complete graveyard, I'd like for someone else to help, at least so we can know what's wrong.