FBI error message "FBI has encountered a fatal error Failed to initialize services: D8E06406"

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by IOEUREHW786hIH, Sep 19, 2017.

?
  1. "FBI has encountered a fatal error Failed to initialize services: D8E06406"

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. "FBI has encountered a fatal error Failed to initialize services: D8E06406"

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IOEUREHW786hIH
    OP

IOEUREHW786hIH Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2017
    Germany
    Hello today I have homebrew my old 3ds with 11.5.0-38E but when I want to start FBI in the Homebrew menu there stands: "FBI has encountered a fatal error Failed to initialize services: D8E06406"

I have download the FBI Maki Edition from January 2017. Know anybody where I get i FBI version that is working?

Best Regards
    ex. Tzpi

2. zSyntex

zSyntex Berserker of myself.

GBAtemp Patron
    zSyntex is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 16, 2017
    Italy
    Bari, Apulia
    It's useless to say that you have to download the last version. The real problem is that you don't have a CFW, only Homebrew. (or entrypoint)
    FBI requires CFW to install .cia on the Home Launcher (and for any other features).

IOEUREHW786hIH likes this.
  3. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    0xD8E06406

Module: SRV (25)
    Description: Access denied. This error is returned when you request a service that you don't have access to. (srv) (6)
    Summary: Invalid argument (7)
    Level: Permanent (27)

English: FBI can't get access to what it needs. Like zSyntex said, you need CFW to do anything useful with FBI for the most part.

4. IOEUREHW786hIH
    OP

IOEUREHW786hIH Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2017
    Germany
    Can you give me a link to a Tutorial How to install CFW?

5. zSyntex

zSyntex Berserker of myself.

GBAtemp Patron
    zSyntex is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 16, 2017
    Italy
    Bari, Apulia
    That's it ;) -> https://3ds.guide

6. MattTheDemonCat

MattTheDemonCat Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    United States
    Hello I am having similar problems with getting FBI to work, I have tried the Maki edition, the original, and some other version. None of them work, the Maki edition says to same thing and One of them gives me an error message (I don't remember it). But one of them just goes yellow, but it is supposed to be able to go with out a CIA. Also I have tried getting multiple CFWs, such as pasta or luma, but when I get on Homebrew (steel hacks version) and load up pasta it just goes to a black screen and stays that way. So I was hoping someone could send me a link to an FBI that can run on the latest firmware update and can work with out CFW. Iv'e seen tutorials of people doing it but you have to have an older firmware version. If someone could make what I am asking for or send me a link to what I am asking for then I would highly appreciate it. (FBI that works with latest firmware update and doesn't need CFW.)

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That's not how you install CFW. Follow this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started
    (FBI that works with latest firmware update and doesn't need CFW.) - this is not possible. CFW is required.

8. MattTheDemonCat

MattTheDemonCat Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    United States
    When I have tried following things explaining how to do it, every time I tried running a cfw it crashed.

9. MattTheDemonCat

MattTheDemonCat Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    United States
    It took me a while. But... it worked. Thank you so much, I will never doubt you again. I love free games. Who doesn’t? Lol.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted