Favourite Book?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The Little Prince (because he's a bad ass kid who never has to answer questions. lolno)
Jonathan Livingston Seagull (because he can teleport through space and time).
Holy Blood, Holy Grail (feels like reading textbook though)
LOTR series (waaay before the movies)
There might be some others but I can't remember much anymore.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
my favorite is catcher in the rye. I don't remember 98% of the story but it was enjoyable. I really liked the dialogue and the main character. the story felt so modern, i was shocked to find out the book was released in 1950s.

ishin

Sarig
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I don't think I have just one favourite but the most recent reads that come to mind are "The name of the wind" and "The wise man's fear" by Patrick Rothfuss.
Prince of thorns/King of thorns by Mark Lawrence as well ^^.

Reactions: DragorianSword

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't read many books but there were at least two that I took the time to read the whole way through and actually enjoyed. They were Peter Pan and Sphere by Michael Crichton. Video games are my preferred storytelling method.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson. I love stories about how hellish high school is, and the character Melinda just resonated so much with me.

Read it, it's not like any other story you've read.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Books I am reading right now is 1.The Divide 2. Back To The Divide 3. Jinx On The Divide - Elizabeth Kay, which I am enjoying.
Also I like Goodnight Mr Tom.

FlareTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So many good titles...
My bookcase is crammed full of books like the Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, Empress Orchid by Anchee Min and The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.
But I think my favourite of all time is still the autobiography of Adeline Yen Mah, Chinese Cinderella and Falling Leaves. I first read it as a child and I still read it from time to time. Don't think I've laughed and cried so much from a single book.
At the moment I'm reading a biography of Pearl S. Buck called "Burying the Bones". She was a very interesting lady and a revolutionary writer of her time. I'm also reading "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis. I think I'm beginning to understand and appreciate a lot more of the Red Hot Chili Pepper songs just by knowing how they were conceived.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person