Gaming Favorite PSP games

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The title says it all! My favorites are GTA Vice City Stories, GTA Liberty City stories, DJ Max, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
I don't know if this kind of topic already exists.
unsure.gif
That's all and please reply.
smile.gif

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
I only recently got my PSP so i cant really say what my favourite is yet but ive played Ys 7 and Resistance so far and they are both great. I like the way resistance handled the lack of dual pads, its not ideal but its not bad either.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
God Eater Burst
MH series
Ys Seven
Def Jam
Fat Princess
DJ Max series
Gundam VS Gundam Next PLUS
Valkyria Chronicles II
Persona 3 Portable

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Devante said:
Monster Hunter and Dissidia.

Top 2 PSP games ever.
Yeeees, yeeees! [/m.bison]
MH needs another analog though.

It'd be nice but I'm so used to the CLAW now, I think it'd actually mess me up a little. ha...

Plus I wonder if it would actually be better... having to take your fingers off the dodge/attack buttons in order to change the camera.

PS. Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT Plus is incredible too!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this topic already like this?

Anyway...

- MGS: Peace Walker: So much better than the atrocity that is Portable Ops. Really, I don't see how anyone could like that.
- Dissidia 012: A lot better than the original Dissidia and even then, the original was really good.
- Monster Hunter: Just like a bagiilion hours of stuff to do.
- Gods Eater: Currently the best Monster Hunter clone out there but it has enough unique stuff to it to make it all its own.
- Legend of Heroes: TitS: Just started playing it and its surprisingly charming.
- Burnout Legends: Very fun racing game.
- FFIV: CC: It's all of Final Fantasy IV without any bullshit graphical design (I'm looking at you, FFIV DS). Just better graphics, awesome soundtrack, as well as The After Years and a bridging story between the original and TAY.
- Persona 3: It's an awesome Persona game. Not much else to say.
- Valkyria Chronicles II: The best strategy game I've played in a while. It feels fresh and not nearly as boring and mundane as other strategy/SRPG games.

That's just a few.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In no particular order:

MGS: Peace Walker
The Monster Hunter series. (if you haven't played any of the games, start with Unite)
Resistance Retribution
Phantasy Star Portable(1/2)

And I'm really liking 3rd Birthday. Just beat it the first time, we'll see if it gets boring after a while.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guild McCommunist said:
Isn't this topic already like this?

Anyway...

- MGS: Peace Walker: So much better than the atrocity that is Portable Ops. Really, I don't see how anyone could like that.
- Dissidia 012: A lot better than the original Dissidia and even then, the original was really good.
- Monster Hunter: Just like a bagiilion hours of stuff to do.
- Gods Eater: Currently the best Monster Hunter clone out there but it has enough unique stuff to it to make it all its own.
- Legend of Heroes: TitS: Just started playing it and its surprisingly charming.
- Burnout Legends: Very fun racing game.
- FFIV: CC: It's all of Final Fantasy IV without any bullshit graphical design (I'm looking at you, FFIV DS). Just better graphics, awesome soundtrack, as well as The After Years and a bridging story between the original and TAY.
- Persona 3: It's an awesome Persona game. Not much else to say.
- Valkyria Chronicles II: The best strategy game I've played in a while. It feels fresh and not nearly as boring and mundane as other strategy/SRPG games.

That's just a few.
Oh, you're right.
ohmy.gif
I didn't noticed that thread before.
huh.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
FFIV: CC: It's all of Final Fantasy IV without any bullshit graphical design (I'm looking at you, FFIV DS). Just better graphics, awesome soundtrack, as well as The After Years and a bridging story between
Isn't that kind of hypocritical? I think the 3D obviously shows better graphics...

My favorites? Right now...

God Eaters Burst
Duodecim
Persona 3

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATM

Hatsune Miku project diva 2nd
P3P
Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection
Dissidia 12 dioducem
Taiko no tatsujin portable 2
Kingdom Hearts BBS Final Mix(still wish i could get it to load my 100% jp save for the extras at the beginning)
disgaea 1+2Criminal girls
Jikanda

can i count ps1 games as well cause i have a huge list of those?

Dino Crisis
EVERY Resident Evil
Rayman 1+2
Spyro 1-3
Crash 1-3
parasite eve
final fantasy 6
wild arms 1 + 2

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
FFIV: CC: It's all of Final Fantasy IV without any bullshit graphical design (I'm looking at you, FFIV DS). Just better graphics, awesome soundtrack, as well as The After Years and a bridging story between
Isn't that kind of hypocritical? I think the 3D obviously shows better graphics...

My favorites? Right now...

God Eaters Burst
Duodecim
Persona 3

I think he meant:

Without any bullshit pixelly/cutesy graphical design that doesnt really work. Just better 2D graphics...[post]...

And I totally agree!
smile.gif
The DS's FF graphics are rather poor and make the overall games feel slower than when they are in 2D for some reason...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NiGHtS said:
I think he meant:

Without any bullshit pixelly/cutesy graphical design that doesnt really work. Just better 2D graphics...[post]...

And I totally agree!
smile.gif
The DS's FF graphics are rather poor and make the overall games feel slower than when they are in 2D for some reason...

Pretty much this exactly. The characters just looked god awful in FFIV DS and it really took away what felt like any seriousness from a game. I just killed some girl's mother and destroyed the entire town she lives in! But don't worry, Cecil just looks so cute! The story and characters of FFIV are one of the few stories in Final Fantasy that I really love, having the characters look absolutely ridiculous ruins it.

Plus the redone sprites in the PSP version look pretty good. If they remade FFIV with graphics at least on the level of say FFVIII (where the characters don't look stupid like in FFVII's overworld models or all cutesy like the DS version of FFIV) then that'd be perfect. But redone sprites work just as well.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Isn't that kind of hypocritical?

No. I don't think you know what hypocritical means.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tactics Ogre may be the best thing to ever come out of Japan. The entire Ogre series certainly ranks up there. Considering how much cookie cutter anime tripe is churned out of there year in and year out, these games seem all the more monumental.

I think that after owning a PSP for several years, and coming toward the end of its lifespan and when new games will stop being produced, the games that have truly made the system for me are X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I loved them on the PC, and having them on a portable system was worth the price alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti