Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Erestil, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Erestil
    OP

Erestil Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2013
    Italy
    こんにちは みんなさん ^.^!!

I'm opening this post 'cause I see every1 asking for english translation here and there but no post of an active translation project. So now I wanted to take attention to this psp game title ... えっと...I go to university now and I study Japanese (and english but who care) so I can give a hand with translation (my only problem now is kanji but I don't worry for that I can make it with a good dictionary). What we need now are: 1 or more programmer (idk if 1 is enough) and other japanese translators. I tried to find scripts in the iso but no luck T_T ... if some1 is interested just write here and we will find a way to organize ourselves. Ty for reading, bye bye all ^.^
    Edit
    Ok so to introduce the game to people who doesn't know the game I will paste a wiki link since is late now and I have not enough time (forgive me this one please):

Fate/Extra (the first game already in english) : http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Extra

Fate/Extra CCC (the game in question, is like a new version of it's predecessor with new implements): http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Extra_CCC

Gameplay preview video:

Revan09 likes this.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    For the record if you are putting yourself out as a translator then you will be judged on the quality of your language, now most of your mistakes in your post were slang (you used apostrophes which is a rarity among many natives it seems so kudos there) which in some ways is not so bad but in the eyes of some it will not get them to look favourably upon you.

Similarly I would probably happily come to you to translate something in English to Italian or Japanese to Italian but it rarely works for someone to from one second language to another, granted in this amateur world we do not always have such luxuries but you should be aware you might encounter that. If you just want to translate into Italian but need a hacker then that is possible, I have certainly helped out a few people in projects for languages I barely even knew the alphabet for.

More generally I think I will point you at http://gbatemp.net/threads/clean-official-translation-requests-topic.288635/ and http://gbatemp.net/threads/densetsus-translation-toolbox.311523/

You made a good opening post and you stand a better chance of getting a project going than the vast majority of other projects we see around here (mainly as you have some skills that could be useful), however there is more you can do. If nothing else try to sell us on the virtues of the game in question and make sure to describe it too, I have heard of the Fate series before but before I went and looked it up just now I thought it was another visual novel.

3. Erestil
    OP

Erestil Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2013
    Italy
    I thank you for your answer to the post and for your warning so ... to answer you properly ...

I'm sorry in most of the games/film/anime I saw they were talking like that so I tought that it was normal

I know it's not easy but I think I can afford a english translation ... I mean when I study japanese it's almost all from jap to eng ... (T_T) I don't know if u get my point ...

if u redirected me there to look if someone opened a project for this game, there isn't one.

such as??

I'm sorry I didn't think that was necessarily ... I will make a new comment here with description of the game

ok I'm done answering you :D thanks again

4. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    So, this game is like a different story that fate/extra right? not a remake?

5. macaronron

macaronron Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2013
    United States
    It's an interquel. Tells a completely different story set during Fate/EXTRA's story; the "Far Side" to EXTRA's "Near". Shiny gameplay improvements (the auto button) and animations with the addition of Gilgamesh as a playable Servant. More Nasu-isms. A few shiny new enemy Servants. Very not safe for work.

6. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    too bad fate extra ccc is not going to be translated. it's one of the few games with amazing story and crazy plot twist with incredible writing.

7. mcjon01

mcjon01 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    I got as far as extracting, editing, and reinserting the script files, but gave up because I have no idea how to hack a variable-width font, and I couldn't figure out how they were storing images to edit them. Hopefully a group with an actual programmer picks this up at some point because it's way beyond me.

8. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    have you posted ads in romhack.net? maybe someone will pick it :)

9. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Aksys have teased that this isn't a lost cause yet. I hope not. I want this game, badly.

Metoroid0 likes this.
  10. Revan09

Revan09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    Poland
    Any news ?

Metoroid0 likes this.
  11. Farel13

Farel13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    Poland
    Poznan, Poland
    Hello, I made an account here extra for the chance to post here.

I am a computer science student whom did start his own education in Japanese. I played Fate/Extra, loved it, I call it one of my favorite games of all time, and it opened my doors to the Fate franchise. I was excited to play CCC, kept believing what everyone kept saying about an existing hope, but......... nope, I give up, this game wont get an official translation, so I keep learning Japanese, however... after half a year of education I can't really speak. I can only understand a few vague sentences, and other than that, there's nothing. People say that it's normal, no reason to panic, but... kind of sucks.

Well whatever, I wish to help this project... somehow.

I looked around, this seems to be the most current project. I found other sites regarding some form of translation, not sure, maybe it'll help:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642458-fate-extra-ccc/65980022
    http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=299043

Whatever, basically I can say that I want to help and.... maybe know a bit about computer science and programming.... but have mediocre knowledge of Japanese and even lesser one of translating video games. But... I can do anything?

12. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    How hard is this game if you play it without knowing any japanese?

13. Kalker3

Kalker3 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2013
    France
    If it is like Fate/Extra the gameplay is something like rock paper scissors, break smashes defense, defense protects against attack and attack interrupts break.

It should playable even without knowing Japanese.
    Of course, the strong point in this kind of game is the story, but I digress...

14. Revan09

Revan09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    Poland
    The game is divided in two parts one is when you are running around the campus talking to characters(sometimes making a choice what to say) etc. the other is when you are inside dungeon fighting enemies in both there is lots of talking and text, plus the strongest point of this game is story and characters in short i could probably finish this game without knowing japanese but i would be missing lots of things

15. Farel13

Farel13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    Poland
    Poznan, Poland
    Pardon me, but considering the whole idea of Matrix levels for the sake of predicting more moves by the enemy during elimination battles, and how that tended to be a quest onto itself, I sort of want to think that not knowing Japanese could be tricky unless one would want to grind. And even ignoring the story, I loved finding out stuff about enemy servants. I'm a huge mythology buff, and for real historical figures, it's a real fun lesson.

This is the reason why I'd want a translation for this.

16. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    It will be tricky since the original game had some parts where you had to talk to certain people, better playing with FAQ or ask the people at type moon boards.

however, type moon games are generally very very good in term of plot and characterization so you will miss the epicness of the story. I have read some reviews and spoilers about this game honestly I cannot even comprehend what they are talking about. nasuverse mythology is incredibly complex and sophisticated, I think it's kinda pointless to play their games without reading the story.

17. Revan09

Revan09 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2014
    Poland
    I hope the project is not dead but......

18. Omegadark

Omegadark Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2013
    United States
  19. john032194

john032194 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2014
    Philippines
  20. GradationAir

GradationAir Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2014
    Canada
    First off, I salute you for tackling this project, if you still haven't ditched it. However, not only Nasu works are difficult to read, extensive knowledge in typemoon universe is required for an accurate translation (recommend Fate/Side Material booklets for raw information).

It doesn't help that Nasu likes to use separate words for English and Japanese counter parts. For example, Archer's Chant when using 偽・螺旋剣(ぎ・らせんけん)(Fake Spiral Sword, but in English it's actually called Caladbolg II) is 我が骨子は捻れ狂う
    わがこっしはねじれくるう My core is twisted in madness, but in English it's "I am the bone of my sword".

I highly recommend finding people in Beast Lair, they have extended knowledge when it comes to TYPE-MOON works, plus many talented translators reside there: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/archive/index.php