Fate/Extella Link comes to North America and Europe in early 2019

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 28, 2018.

Front-page
    fel.

XSEED Games will be bringing Fate/Extella Link to western territories in Q1 2019, according to a press release today. This game is a refined and tweaked version of 2017's Fate/Extella, adding more characters, changing up the gameplay, and adding an online battle mode. A "Fleeting Glory" limited edition was also announced for North America, which includes a CD, collectible cards, a poster, and an acrylic figure set. This special version of the game will retail for $79.99, and will be for the PlayStation 4. The standard version will cost $49.99, while a PlayStation Vita version will also hit the west, for a price of $39.99. GBAtemp had the chance to try out this version of the game at E3, which you can see our opinions on here.

Discussion (19 replies)
  1. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Same stuff for both regions?

2. ShonenJump

ShonenJump Creator of "Color Fever" Comic

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Planet Feveroid
    wait no switch version!? Bummer

Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  3. Jokey_Carrot
    This message by Jokey_Carrot has been removed from public view by Chary, Sep 28, 2018, Reason: Trolling.
    Sep 28, 2018
  4. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    If the first is anything to go by, it'll probably get a Switch and PC version a few months after the fact.

They don't outright say the LE is even coming to EU, but if it is, it'll be the same content.

Kotomine Kirei and CallmeBerto like this.
  5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Other then the first VN I haven't followed the fate/stay series, do they not mention how they get they're strength/magic back in the VN lol?

Flirkyn likes this.
  6. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto Vigilante

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Yay! Tamamo no Mae and Nero are back!

7. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your average GBAtemp fanboy

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    weeeee~
    another game for dweebs -_-
    feat. possibly furry-anime characters, everyone's favorite -_________-

8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Now I wish I didn't buy the original version.

9. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It's another Fate guys... And I thought Lord of the Rings was milked until it's udders dropped and then some... Seriously, why won't they make something new? It's not like they don't have the budget or resources:/

10. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    Was wondering if the vita version was still getting a release. Glad it still is!

11. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Never played the series before. This be a good one to pick up?

12. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    I tried playing through Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star. I really did. I spent a lot of time and got most of the way through it, but I can confidently say I hated Fate/Extella. The story seemed like bad fan fiction and the gameplay was repetitive after about 5 minutes. This is a big pass for me.

Kotomine Kirei, DarthDub and osaka35 like this.
  13. jahrs

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    Guys its just fate stay night themed dynasty warriors. its just mindless repeating not bad but not good its a nice time killer though and on harder difficulty it could be like a game of chess but usually its colorful explosions and yelling so dumb fun.

ShonenJump likes this.
  14. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Wowwww a popular series gets multiple games?! Dudes why don't they take risks instead of ensuring profits from a stable series!!

Also Marvelous has a pretty solid roster of games under their belt (and their company is big enough to make multiple at a time), including a broad variety. Maybe do a 3 second google search before making an ass of yourself.

Last edited by Hells Malice, Sep 29, 2018
  15. Flirkyn

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    More Tamamo-chan is always good <3 Tho I'm pretty meh about no release on switch or steam (I hope they do it later like the first game, but I'm a little surprised tbh...)

Need to finish first game tho. A lot repetitive and not really great, but I still pretty much like it since I really like the Fate Extra universe. I hope that the second one correct some flaw of first one tho..

16. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    Vita version sounds nice.
    Though I hope we will be getting a collector's edition for the Switch too.

17. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Can we get another Fate/Extra rpg instead, please? I got really turned off by how different the characters acted between this and Extra.

Kotomine Kirei and RedBlueGreen like this.
  18. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    There are only about 11 Fate/ games.
    That is not much compared to Star Wars (about 90 games), Dragon Ball (about 80 games), Naruto (about 50 games), One Piece (about 40 games), and The Lord of the Rings (about 30 games).
    Anyway, I think that the Fate/ series is interesting enough to get more games, but the games that are there do not seem to be using its concepts that well.

19. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Start Wars hardly has half that many games actually that are officially licensed and not fan-made and sure DB has tons too, but you are forgetting something important, those are 20+ years older, more time to release stuff and they actually STAYED popular, while the current fanbase for Fate has falled drastically. The most important thing is not games though, it's the entire franscises... Star Wars has been milked a ton sure, but it still basically only has a dozen or so movies total along with the games, while Dragon Ball has only 5 series and some tie-in movies to them, while on the other hand Fate has been shitting out anime after anime almost every season or even multiple ones at the exact same time, not only making the timelines so stupidly complicated it lost all it's fun in the confusion, but it's the same thing over and over, with the only time they change the whole "heroic spirits fight for holy grail" to make stupid cooking anime about the characters eating:/

20. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    The timelines are not really confusing if this chart is correct.
    As for it having drastically lost popularity, Grand Order seems like it is doing well, and I still see it being talked about on forums.

Anyway, I agree that they are milking the series, but I am kind of happy about it, since I was actually hoping that they would adapt Apocrypha and Extra, and I am hoping that they will adapt Hollow Ataraxia, Strange Fake, and Grand Order.
    Also, at least Extella Link is not another mobile game, Kaleid game, or game that will not be translated (Extra CCC...).