Hacking Fatal Error in M3 Sakura

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is one possible reason, reformat your MicroSD with 32kb cluster with FAT , if that doesnt work, try 16kb, or 8kb..

It happen to me when I have greater than 32kb cluster..

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shansoft said:
there is one possible reason, reformat your MicroSD with 32kb cluster with FAT , if that doesnt work, try 16kb, or 8kb..

It happen to me when I have greater than 32kb cluster..

No surprise here, using default cluster size while formatting is usually a better option, those "speed improvements" with higher cluster sizes on microSD are very small if not unnoticeable.
Formatting with 64k cluster size should be avoided, especially on such small drive sizes (unless your microSD card is 256 TB in size :-)).
Even win2k cannot handle such cluster sizes correctly (for example Windows Defragmentation API would not handle cluster sizes higher than 32k etc), winxp and later can handle them correctly.
Also slack size is enormous with 64k cluster size when having many small files (for example sakura's system folder would take approx 15mb more disk space on 64k cluster size than on 4k cluster size)...

ColinTaylor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps there is a bug in the way Sakura handles SD vs SDHC cards of 4GB (and possibly 2GB).

tf323: What kind of memory card are you using, SD or SDHC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digita...nd_larger_cards

"The main problem is that some of the card readers only support block (aka. sector) size of 512 bytes, so >1GB non SDHC cards may cause compatibility difficulties for some users."

As we can see the implementation of 2GB and 4GB was botched for non-SDHC. If Sakura is using an incorrect block size I would expect to see exactly the kind of problems tf323 is describing.

---- Just a thought.

xGuardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is actually that the Sakura firware doesnt support cluster sizes over 32K
When you get larger cards that tends to happen, I had the same problem.
Like it was said before, simply change the cluster size to 32 or lower and you should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock