Hacking Fatal Error in M3 Sakura

tf323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I keep getting an error "a fatal error has occured. cluster link has been interupted. file is possibly corrupt"
Can't pin it to one game, each time delete all files and reload M3 sakura and game files but error comes back again a week later. Can anyone help a newbie?

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When this message occurs you don't have to format/delete your card, all you have to to is to repair it with the Windows Explorer (right-click on your card, then click "error correction" or something like that, I don't know the English term because I'm using a German Windows) This takes 30 seconds and your card is ready again without loosing a single file besides the corrupted ones (which are most likely savegames from old homebrew progs).

If you don't want your card to be corrupted again, stop using old homebrew which saves to your card. There's something wrong with the old fatlib and the M3 cards. Since I don't use old homebrew anymore (DSO, TI Calculator Emulator) I never got a corrupted card again, before that I've had the same problems as you have now.

tf323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but not that either - it has happened three times and each time I have used a different micro SD card.

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Then you must be the most unlucky person ever! It had to be one of the above errors.. format your memory card, install a fresh copy of your firmware and re-add all your files.. if that doesn't work, i don't know what else you could do.
hate2.gif

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible after you transfer files, you aren't "safely ejecting the disc," causing some difficulties for the firmware in regards to reading the transferred files? i was getting that error ever so often and was afraid something couldve been wrong with my flashcard or micro card. i found readding my files one by one and safely ejecting the disc stopped that error for me. also, yes try right clicking the assigned letter for your micro card when plugged in, and select properties, tools, and use the error checking utility

grayfox_nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this same problem, (I didn't delete my SYSTEM dir and just copied the Sakura files over the original firmware ones), and got the error.

I ran a disk-check and it booted just fine.

Windows XP:
My Computer > your sd card > right-click > Properties > Tools tab > Error Checking - Check Now... button

I selected both options, which are fix system errors and scan for and fix bad sectors.

tf323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All of the above advice worked BUT the problem recurrs - doing all suggested including ejecting. Anyone else have this problem??

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could be way of the mark, but isn't there a limit to how many files can be held within a folder? That is, Sakura won't run properly if you have 40-50+ games all bundled together in one folder (or on the root of the microsd). Are you doing this by any chance?
I've separated mine into 3 folders (A to K, etc.) and have had no issues whatsoever.

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
I could be way of the mark, but isn't there a limit to how many files can be held within a folder? That is, Sakura won't run properly if you have 40-50+ games all bundled together in one folder (or on the root of the microsd). Are you doing this by any chance?
I've separated mine into 3 folders (A to K, etc.) and have had no issues whatsoever.

I have more than a hundred nds files in single folder and all of then working great... also I have few folders with 100-200 small video files per folder - never had problems with Sakura. Number of files > 128 per folder was an issue in older firmware, not in Sakura.

P.S. I've never tried to put many files/folders to the root, because it would be bad due limitations of FAT file system...

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tf323 said:
All of the above advice worked BUT the problem recurrs - doing all suggested including ejecting. Anyone else have this problem??

Try narrow down the problem:

1) try reformatting, adding files on different computer, maybe something is screwing it up on your computer...
2) would be nice to test with other USB card reader.

if problem still occurs after using different computer and different cardreader - get m3 real replacement...

tf323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have narrowed it down to 4GB micro SD cards only - have had the problem only on Sandisk 4GB cards (with 3 different 4GB cards) - have used 2GB and 8GB no problems, with different M3 cards so it's not the M3 cards. Possibly a dud batch of 4Gb cards.......

tf323

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doing a search on this forum I can see corrupt files are a common problem but interestingly most of the problems where people have stated what size card they have a problem with all say 4GB. Now that may be a coincedence but maybe there is a problem with a 4GB card with M3. I have had 4GB cards with no problems but have only ever had corrupt files with 4GB cards. One for the M3 team to ponder.......

visitor000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tf323 said:
Doing a search on this forum I can see corrupt files are a common problem but interestingly most of the problems where people have stated what size card they have a problem with all say 4GB. Now that may be a coincedence but maybe there is a problem with a 4GB card with M3. I have had 4GB cards with no problems but have only ever had corrupt files with 4GB cards. One for the M3 team to ponder.......

I have two sandisk 8gb and never had corruptions with sakura, however had several corruptions with older firmware. Maybe it's more dramatic with 4gb cards, but i wouldn't know...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nope I used 4 GB Sandisk, and now 4 GB Kingston, and haven't had any corruptions, or fragmentations so far...
But I don't use any homebrews anymore, I did have Beup on, but it stopped working....So now, it's only media and ROMs..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tommorrow is my birthday :toot: