Hacking Fat32 Doesn't work with USB Loader GX.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest USB Loader GX on my Wii. It worked fine when my Western Digital Elements 120GB was formatted in WBFS format. I now formatted it into FAT32 and put all my games into the WBFS folder with Wii Backup Manager. When I load up USB loader GX I get to the menu but there aren't any games there. I tried Configurable USB Loader and it worked fine, it found all my games.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try a fresh install of USB Loader GX. But I recommend you to stay with CFG (or wiiflow) they are way better than GX.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
Try a fresh install of USB Loader GX. But I recommend you to stay with CFG (or wiiflow) they are way better than GX.
I tried it didn't work. Why is CFG better then GX?

I regret going to Fat32 now I should have stayed on WBFS.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS format has glitches: If a file / transfer ever gets corrupt, the WHOLE drive is corrupt.
FAT32: If a file / transfer ever gets corrupt, you only lose THAT file, not the ENTIRE DRIVE.
So, take your chances, but I've had 2 WBFS drives fail like that, and if you did a poll, 9 of 10 people would say the same.
But, Hey, its YOUR drives / games......

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jakob95 said:
i tried to warn you
tongue.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
why? because the cios you are using in gx doesnt support fat32 and the one you are choosing for cfg does?

thats like regretting buying a honda instead of a toyota because you bought the wrong type of gas.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Jakob95 said:
why? because the cios you are using in gx doesnt support fat32 and the one you are choosing for cfg does?

thats like regretting buying a honda instead of a toyota because you bought the wrong type of gas.

More like saying I'd rather go back to my model-T ford as my primary form of transportation
smile.gif
WBFS is obsolete.

FAT32 works great with GX - check your configuration. If you need help post your specifics.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try HERMES CIOS 222.

If you don't succed in, try WIIFLOW it is more maintened and more complible with latest CIOS?

I was a user of USB LOAGER GX but now I'm very pleased to use WIIFLOW : It looks good and is easy to use by kids, it is also compatible with GAMECUBE DVD (not from HD as you shall know there is no solution yet).

CFG LOADER works great too.

Regards

Olivier

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OlivierTheBest said:
Try HERMES CIOS 222.

If you don't succed in, try WIIFLOW it is more maintened and more complible with latest CIOS?

I was a user of USB LOAGER GX but now I'm very pleased to use WIIFLOW : It looks good and is easy to use by kids, it is also compatible with GAMECUBE DVD (not from HD as you shall know there is no solution yet).

CFG LOADER works great too.

Regards

Olivier
I already had HERMES and when I chose CIOS 222 from the menu in USB Loader GX when I rebooted all I got was a black screen. And I am sure I installed HERMES from that guide http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dexter222 said:
For GX make sure you use hermes v4 (not v5), and/or cIOS rev17 (not 20b)

Lol, GX is only compatible with these old cios?

If you don't know why stick with CFG/Wiiflow Jakob, I think it was just explained.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should stick to a cIOS supported by the version of GX you are using... this was a topic about how to get your GX working, right? The latest GX supports hermes V4 and cIOS rev17 (the above was a quote I cut and pasted from the GX thread). You already stated that you had Hermes v5 installed, is this correct?

You can either use the older version of GX or install Hermes v4. You do NOT need cIOS rev 19 or 20 that doesn't matter as long as you are using Hermes. C'mon, Sao, don't confuse the poor guy
smile.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuan said:
Lol, GX is only compatible with these old cios?

If you don't know why stick with CFG/Wiiflow Jakob, I think it was just explained.

I've tried them all, I always end up back at GX.
CIOS 222 as IOS60+38 & CIOS 223 as IOS37+38 seems to work with everything.
I don't think there was anything changed between Hermes v4 & v5 that makes a difference when using FAT32.
The only annoyance is the installer won't work with newer versions of CIOS 249, so you either need to install an old one or use IOS236

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have cIOS rev20. Which ever the guide that I used came with.
So I should go to r930? How about the Wad how am I supposed to get the channel to be r930?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have Super Smash Bros Brawl and I backed it up to my Wii through Config USB Loader. Now I just went to USB Loader GX and I see the game in there. But I don't see the rest of my games such as New Super Mario Bros and others. I do see those other games with Config USB loader.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jakob95 said:
I think I have cIOS rev20. Which ever the guide that I used came with.
So I should go to r930? How about the Wad how am I supposed to get the channel to be r930?

If your wad is a forwarder, you won't need to replace it. It only redirects to SD/HDD boot.dol file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended