evoo1

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think the title says it all, but I couldn't find any usable guide that tells you how to format a SD card under windows, so you have both a FAT and a WBFS partition on it.

Any help or links would be greaty appreciated, thanks!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use EASEUS Partition Master to do all of my windows partitioning as i find it a simple and easy to follow GUI.

select the drive you want to format - click resize - make the existing drive small enough to hold whatever you want in Fat32 and change the format type as they are usually NTFS.
Make a new partition with the now largly unused portion and make it primary and unformatted.

Apply that and wait until it finishes and then use something like WBFS manager 3.0 to format the unformatted partition.

*** Be very careful playing and make sure your selecting the correct drive letter every time !! ***

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Djtaz is on fire !!
wink.gif

desotoman56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
djtaz said:
I use EASEUS Partition Master to do all of my windows partitioning as i find it a simple and easy to follow GUI.

select the drive you want to format - click resize - make the existing drive small enough to hold whatever you want in Fat32 and change the format type as they are usually NTFS.
Make a new partition with the now largly unused portion and make it primary and unformatted.

Apply that and wait until it finishes and then use something like WBFS manager 3.0 to format the unformatted partition.

*** Be very careful playing and make sure your selecting the correct drive letter every time !! ***

You used that to partition an SD card? I just tried that program and it won't find my removable storage. Doing further research, I read EASEUS can't be used with removable storage. Maybe it's a different version? Any other ideas for partitioning an SD card? I also tried the disk management tool through windows with no luck.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
evoo1 said:
yeah exactly, EASEUS doesn't recognize mobile storage like SD cards, at least not for me.

Any other advice?
GParted. Best way to partitionate Devices, without any doubt. Never let me down.

Get a Live CD/USB, or if you already have Linux, install it.

Good luck, and be shure that you selected the right Device, and not your HD (or you'll have a serious problem. It's not my fault if this happens, all at your risk!!!).

evoo1

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay I tried out GParted, and I created two primary partitions (both fat32 so far). The problem is that only one partition is assigned a Drive Letter (in my case it's G:) and the other partition is not assigned a Drive Letter.
That means I can't access the partition neither in Windows nor in WBFS Manager 3.0.
I tried assigning a drive letter to the other partition via a differen partition manager (paragon) but after rebooting the letter wasn't there.

Any heads up on what I might be doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb