FastForward

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by blazeddd, Dec 18, 2013.

1. blazeddd
    OP

blazeddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    I was wondering if there is anyway to fast forward and also to bind a button for it.
    I mainly want to use it for pokemon DS games like platinum, black/white and black/white 2

or are there any other ds emulators that would do that but also work with dstwo?

2. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    Nope, that's impossible.
    DS emulators for DSTWO are impossible too.
    The DSTWO has a hard enough time emulating GBA and SNES.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You are far from the first pokemon fan to ask such a question and for the most part consider what Aeter said to be the truth. However if you really want to get technical then http://gbatemp.net/threads/speed-up-rom-s-in-game.350740/
    Such a hack, done properly anyway, probably rates among the hardest ones to do.

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you can allways disable the animations of the battle in the options
    other option should be modding the rom so most things are skipped and remove dialogs...

5. blazeddd
    OP

blazeddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    Ah okay, thanks. Looks like the modding is really time consuming.
    I just mainly wanted to make the random trainer battles faster, not just remove all of it together but will still look into animation options and rom modding.

Although, I feel a little hate for dstwo by aeter. It has a hard enough time emulating gba?
    I played firered, liquidcrystal and emerald with tempgba with the dstwo and everything was perfect. Now some mario games.
    The ds emulator is ok too, I don't really see why so much hate for DSTWO though. Should I consider replacing flash carts if DSTWO is so bad? ( at least for DS games )

6. spencer5976

spencer5976 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2013
    United States
    DSTwo is IMO the best flashcart, I think aeter just ment that there are better systems for emulation, like your computer.