Hacking Fastest WBFS Utility

viper831

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering what is the fastest WBFS Utility to clone a drive. I have quite a few games(over 400) and to clone my drive currently takes 16 hours and that is with Sata to Esata. hopefully someone with some experience of multiple loaders can help me out. I went to Sata to Esata as I thought it would be faster, but it is the exact same speed as my USB to USB clone.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want an exact clone, you can try "dd", or any of the other programs that will clone a partition. They should take advantage of the SATA speeds. Also, if you haven't already heard about it, CFG Loader now supports FAT32 partitions and the tool for that might be worth checking out. I'm sure the other loaders will follow suit in supporting FAT32, considering it's a no-brainer, IMHO.
wink.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add, you might want to refrain from mentioning how many games you have, as there are many sanctimonious morons around here who will completely ignore your inquiry for factual information and instead fixate on that number, while hopping up on their high horses to judge & label you, with an occassional vulgar flame thrown in for good measure, thus dragging the entire thread off-topic apparently in an effort to provide job security for the mods.
laugh.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speed also depends on your hard drives. How many GB take your 400 games? As most games are crappy 400MB games or so I guess around 300GB?
Google your HDD and look for the maximal write speed, calculate the time from size and speed and you'll see if it can be faster.
The second way would be deleting 350 games and only keep the 50 best.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
If you want an exact clone, you can try "dd", or any of the other programs that will clone a partition. They should take advantage of the SATA speeds. Also, if you haven't already heard about it, CFG Loader now supports FAT32 partitions and the tool for that might be worth checking out. I'm sure the other loaders will follow suit in supporting FAT32, considering it's a no-brainer, IMHO.
wink.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add, you might want to refrain from mentioning how many games you have, as there are many sanctimonious morons around here who will completely ignore your inquiry for factual information and instead fixate on that number, while hopping up on their high horses to judge & label you, with an occassional vulgar flame thrown in for good measure, thus dragging the entire thread off-topic apparently in an effort to provide job security for the mods.
laugh.gif

That's very neat Skizzo
biggrin.gif
I've never seen preemptive flaming before.

To the OP, I'm not sure how much faster one app could be over another since they are all basically based on the same code. Just going to have to be one of those "set it and forget it" overnight deals for the time being.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
viper831 said:
I am wondering what is the fastest WBFS Utility to clone a drive. I have quite a few games(over 400) and to clone my drive currently takes 16 hours and that is with Sata to Esata. hopefully someone with some experience of multiple loaders can help me out. I went to Sata to Esata as I thought it would be faster, but it is the exact same speed as my USB to USB clone.
wow you really have lots of games. i clone my wbfs hdd using wbfs manager 3.0.

viper831

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In total it is just over 800GB. I am using WBFS Manager 3.0.1 I tried another that had on the fly transfers that only took about 6 hours. But then my usb loader would see all the games, but none would load.

I am using 3 WD sata II drives. I have a 1.5TB sata II drive formatted as wbfs as a backup of my games on my pc. I just put a new PC together and it is all sata II drives 6GB ddr3 on 1066 bus. I just thought that the esata transfer would be faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I have seen the new 52 and dcau animated movies I think they take every opportunity to say his name "Dick", and they say it more often than should have been necessary
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    A @ anotherthing: Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.