Fastest WBFS Utility

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by viper831, Oct 27, 2009.

Oct 27, 2009

Fastest WBFS Utility by viper831 at 10:16 PM (4,309 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. viper831
    OP

Newcomer viper831 Newbie

United States
    I am wondering what is the fastest WBFS Utility to clone a drive. I have quite a few games(over 400) and to clone my drive currently takes 16 hours and that is with Sata to Esata. hopefully someone with some experience of multiple loaders can help me out. I went to Sata to Esata as I thought it would be faster, but it is the exact same speed as my USB to USB clone.

2. Skizzo

Banned Skizzo Banned

United States
    If you want an exact clone, you can try "dd", or any of the other programs that will clone a partition. They should take advantage of the SATA speeds. Also, if you haven't already heard about it, CFG Loader now supports FAT32 partitions and the tool for that might be worth checking out. I'm sure the other loaders will follow suit in supporting FAT32, considering it's a no-brainer, IMHO. [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to add, you might want to refrain from mentioning how many games you have, as there are many sanctimonious morons around here who will completely ignore your inquiry for factual information and instead fixate on that number, while hopping up on their high horses to judge & label you, with an occassional vulgar flame thrown in for good measure, thus dragging the entire thread off-topic apparently in an effort to provide job security for the mods. [​IMG]

3. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The speed also depends on your hard drives. How many GB take your 400 games? As most games are crappy 400MB games or so I guess around 300GB?
    Google your HDD and look for the maximal write speed, calculate the time from size and speed and you'll see if it can be faster.
    The second way would be deleting 350 games and only keep the 50 best.

4. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    That's very neat Skizzo [​IMG] I've never seen preemptive flaming before.

To the OP, I'm not sure how much faster one app could be over another since they are all basically based on the same code. Just going to have to be one of those "set it and forget it" overnight deals for the time being.

5. Dmon84

Member Dmon84 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Can you ever play all those games ?!

6. goku1980

Member goku1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you could try discwizard just to clone it

7. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    wow you really have lots of games. i clone my wbfs hdd using wbfs manager 3.0.

8. viper831
    OP

Newcomer viper831 Newbie

United States
    In total it is just over 800GB. I am using WBFS Manager 3.0.1 I tried another that had on the fly transfers that only took about 6 hours. But then my usb loader would see all the games, but none would load.

I am using 3 WD sata II drives. I have a 1.5TB sata II drive formatted as wbfs as a backup of my games on my pc. I just put a new PC together and it is all sata II drives 6GB ddr3 on 1066 bus. I just thought that the esata transfer would be faster.

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    here's your solution: delete all the crap you have on your drive that's about 350 games!

10. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    Lol, agreed. I have about 30, and even some of those are crap.