Fast Android to 3DS FTP app?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mario-lucis-caelum, Feb 21, 2017.

1. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Is there a 3DS FTP app that can receive/send files fast? I tried the FTP-3DS and ES File Explorer on my Android device but the send speed is too slow...

2. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    How about the FTP server built into the 3DS? System Settings > Data Management > 3DS > Something (not sure what it's called)

Remember, the 3DS only supports about 1.4-2 MB/s. If it's slower than that, your phone is the bottleneck.

3. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    its not a FTP Srver techincally, its a "SAMBA" (Windows Network Share) server in that reguard.

to the OP, if your using an O3DS there IS a patched version of mSD Management on "That" iso site that works on an O3DS (when installing it w/ FBI ignore the New3DS Warning)

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Use ftdp on 3ds and es file explorer on android.

Sonic Angel Knight and eroz76 like this.
  5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    1: This is a Samba share and is exclusive to the N3DS (unless one installs the data management CIA on an O3DS), and it only works with Windows because it's absolutely abysmal.
    2: O3DS transfer rates cap out around 800 kb/s and N3DS speeds cap out around 1.2 mb/s. Newer N3DS models might be faster, but I've not seen anything that suggests this.

OP, just use ftpd and one of many FTP capable apps available. I recommend ES like @Giodude, but I honestly don't want this to turn into another ignorant shitfest about "malware". It's all a false narrative.

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    yo when a new build of nds bootstrap comes out during school you bet im gonna ftp over new ds roms to my 3ds to test out. That's what i've been doing the last month or so.

7. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    But I have a N3DS and it's still slow...

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, the 3DS's hardware is shit. Take what you can get. Doesn't matter how good of a connection or router you have; it hits a really low ceiling eventually.

9. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    I use an android app called "Turbo Client". It's pretty easy to use and that's what I used to install Homebrew when I didn't have a PC.

10. Tutimane

Tutimane Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    so i see all the suggestions but which is the fastest vs the original way to do it and is it even worth it for 30 more seconds saved?