Gaming Far Cry 3

dorayaki95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So, i've just completed the main campaigns of this game yesterday, and contrary to what most people have to say about the lousy plot, I must say it is 1 of the most intriguing game ever ( plotwise and gameplay wise ).

1 thing to note is, that I personally think that the story of this game has a deeper message than what is being thrown at our face ( extreme brutality and violence in a tropical jungle setting ). From the beginning, we see that Vaas captured Jason and his friends, halfway through the game, Jason kills Vaas and when the credits are rolling at the end, the same music plays :

Well, the game is 1 of the best I have ever played, mind you because i dreaded FPS games like COD and Battlefield very much. At the same time, I am very curious if the game has any hidden message that is open to interpretation like the movie Inception.

So, what do you guys think?

*when the music kicks in at the end with Jason saying that he is enough of all these murder, I literally cried, deep in my heart because somehow, I felt that I have been part of this crazy adventure.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I also happen to like this game, a lot. I usually dislike FPS games, but this one I've been playing quite often when I'm now on Guild Wars 2. I enjoy the story and the the features this game offers.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just completed the game too, wow. Impressive game, really impressive work.
Props to Ubisoft for making this the game it is, the open world is by far the best one out there, although I disliked the caverns/tombs (only 1 way there, I just rushed through, you couldn't miss anything).
But the atmosphere, hunting, fun with enemies, impressive!

9/10, in the end I had no use at all to keep collecting all treasures because there was literally nothing to buy anymore in the shop. And the caves/tombs could have been better.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if the game actually has deeper messages intended, or if the story wasn't fully developed, and the loose-ends, being unfleshed, make the game open to interpretation. I mean, the main-story follows pretty tightly up to half-way through the game, then it fucking falls into ambiguity and senselessness, in comparison--much like the rest of the non-story game. It's pretty flat, empty, lifeless, and pointless.

It's certainly a fun experience though, but the game stops delivering abruptly, and I don't think there's any good explanation for it other than development laziness/forced to finish.

http://farcry.nexusmods.com/

Now replay with some mods :P (last I saw many mods were housed in a single, uncategorized thread at the official forums for the game; this nexus was created in response to get a little more organized, but I'm not sure how many of the mods actually made the transition, as I haven't checked out the game since December)

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i just(weeks ago) completed this game, and it´s awesome.
the multiplayer could have been better, like some sort of minecraft , like building houses and hunting animals with your friends.

i think that i´m the only one who got through the game with just an .44 magnum :P, never used any other weapon, just snipers and grenadiers in missions.

also; the best song in the game:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s