Hacking [FAQ] Waninkoko's USB ISO-Loader

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yet another useless thread, with speculation and well, enough everyone.

Waninkoko will release this when he's ready, he will give details when he's ready ...

Let's just let the guy do what he is doing, and all wait patiently.

With ALL the fuss over this, no-one in their right mind would believe anyone but Waninkoko at this point....

Geesh

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dodi said:
lol people keep saying that.
So do I have to install cIOS usb2 for this to work?

Thanks
smile.gif
A new cIOS is required together with the USB Loader homebrew program to load the backups from a WBS partition on a USB Storage Device. Knowing Waninkoko, this new cIOS will likely :
- install to IOS249 (overwriting any old cIOS that was installed to IOS249)
- or, if the USB Loading functionality can't be together with Backup loading functionality on one cIOS, maybe Waninkoko will choose another number (say IOS248), but this is pure speculation.
You will not have to install cIOS usb2 as the new cIOS will include the code required to mount USB2.0 Storage Devices.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dodi said:
lol people keep saying that.
So do I have to install cIOS usb2 for this to work?

Thanks
smile.gif
Not as far as we know.

QUOTE(Kosaic @ Mar 30 2009, 09:54 AM) Yet another useless thread, with speculation and well, enough everyone.

Waninkoko will release this when he's ready, he will give details when he's ready ...

Let's just let the guy do what he is doing, and all wait patiently.

With ALL the fuss over this, no-one in their right mind would believe anyone but Waninkoko at this point....

Geesh
And yet another useless comment. It's not that much useless btw, since all the fact from post #1 ca easily be verify.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Honestly wait, speculations brings us nowhere and for what a FAQ it´s not even released.

Another thing that wonders me is that yesterday many guys here were bitching around "Hey Waninkoko don´t stop the the USB ISO Loader it´s you own fault that you had the files on the server" and so on and know everyone acts like an ass-kisser.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pippin666 said:
And yet another useless comment. It's not that much useless btw, since all the fact from post #1 ca easily be verify.

Read the other 500 posts on this topic .... This info is all out there if you've been reading at all... Verified from ALL the other posts , right ....

And again, all speculation (other than what Waninkoko said about the faster than 6x item, and what you can deduct from the video)

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't get why you people are so friggin' impatient !
Just wait till it's released already.

And why ask stupid questions like: Will it have this* or that* feature ??
I guess there is only one person who knows, (and maybe some testers) and he is not
likely too tell us right now I think.

Just wait and beautifull things will happen.

Just my 2 (useless, I know) cents.

* Fill in any stupid thing.

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
So is the HDD going to be have to be exclusive to your backups now that you have to format for the WBS?

You can just create a seperate WBS partition and keep a FAT32 partition aswell.

So is there a leaked version of the loader available? I'd prefer to wait for the official one but at least we can see what is and isnt in the leaked one.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good FAQ so far, this is a good idea IMHO. Not everybody is able/willing to check all the topics about the USB ISO loader all the time, with this FAQ those people are helped.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, sense everyone believes what everyone else is saying, I know for a fact that this will launch not only ISO's , but Rockets and Space Shuttles as well !

Waninkoko can confirm this I'm sure
smile.gif

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
st0rax said:
Red_Squirrel said:
KNoffel said:
Q: How do I get the ISOs on my Stick/HDD?
A: a) You can dump your game directly from de Wii's DVD Drive to your Stick/HDD.
b) You can use an application made by Kwiirk to copy your ISOs, stored on your computer's HDD, to your Stick/HDD

Where you get this info (the B)?
unsure.gif

I knew that to dump your games directly from the Wii's DVD Drive was the only way
blink.gif

1st possibilty: He asked Kwiirk or Waninkoko
2nd: the filesystem WBS can't be like FAT/FAT32; it must support isos or in general files bigger than 4 GB (DVD9!). NTFS isn't supported - yet. The loader wasn't released yet, so ntfs maybe implemented...

NTFS won't be supported at release, yeah. Waninkoko said in his answer to marcan:
"I would implement NTFS but I don't like too much, really"

So, I don't think it's likely, that he will ever do an implementation of NTFS. Maybe someone else will, if the source goes open after release...

QUOTE(Richy Freeway @ Mar 30 2009, 05:08 PM) QUOTE(ds22 @ Mar 30 2009, 04:35 PM)
Could it not be possible to connect your computer directly to your wii, instead of a flash drive?
Yes. Has been for a while.

http://www.flatmii.com/

I really would like Samba...
smile.gif

But I will wait and see what's coming up...

Kekkon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesomeness.
I hope HDD enclosures will work, but I doubt it.
No need for burning plus increased load speeds, the only thing left is to add GC support
happy.gif

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.