Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
RaiDesu said:
Sukiyomi said:
Im having a problem with my pokemon diamond game. I did everythign it says and I still have a problem. When I play the newly edited game on the No$gba I get as far as the part where it says to push the start button and then it says your save file has been erased because its corrupted or something. Then it makes me restart.

So whats the problem here? And oh yea, how come my pokesav doesnt translate everythign when I upload the converted file?
Pic: http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k53/elliottbacon/poke.jpg

Used to get that with no$gba and gameshark. You'll want to backup your save from a true cartridge or linker. no$gba seems to have a unique save format, and I've never gotten it to correctly to convert.
By default it compresses it saves but just go into the No$gba setting file and change the save type from compressed to raw and that fixes that. I also suggest using http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php on the raw (The compressed save isn't supported) to convert to and from your flashcard's save format.

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let people know. Pokesav won't open the save in AppLocale if there is an accented character in the file name I.E. "Pokémon" It will say "Wrong Save Type."

artissia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am having name problems with this. my owner name originally has a smiley after it, but pokesav just recognizes it as a question mark. now my owner name looks like this: name?

is there a way to restore the smiley after it? thanks in advance
smile.gif

SunOni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
artissia said:
i am having name problems with this. my owner name originally has a smiley after it, but pokesav just recognizes it as a question mark. now my owner name looks like this: name?

smile.gif

I need help with this also!!! Except I need to know how to restore the hearts in my name...

from reading earlier posts in this thread it sounds like it CAN be done with a hex editor... can anyone help?

Edit: well, i fixed it, by messing up my save so bad (trying to hex edit it) that it restored to an earlier save that had my correct name!! from now on ill just trade pokemon from another game to not mess up my name.

MrCoolTheCucumber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mrcoolthecucumber.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
artissia said:

smile.gif

I found this problem too
BUT i Think i found the answere

when you fuuly type in your name that you wanted to change it to, keep pressing the space bar until its not making more spaces, the question marks are there as the game has blank spaces and is given nothing to do with them, so it just puts in question marks!

Codekingmss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
ddchan said:
Whats the latest version of pokesav?
i currently have 39b not sure this is latest though?
wacko.gif
There is no 0.39b. You must be talking about 0.38b.

The latest is 0.39 and has been for three million years.
yaynds.gif

There's a .39b, although it's only available to those on good terms with the translator. If you search hard enough, someone may have leaked it.

I'd check the private torrent sites first if you try to look.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Is there a way to use japanese letters on a Pokemon made in Pokesav? Because everytime I try, it just appears as ? marks. And yes, I do have the Eastern languages pack installed. I downloaded a file from the Pkmn Database called "Pokemon JP Names" Which is all the Pokemon's names in JP and supposedly "already decoded" or something like that. I tried copying and pasting one of the names into Pokesav and it still appeared as a bunch of ? marks. How do you guys do it, if possible?

Scytheandsickle

Trophies
XP
Country
Warcueid said:
Is there a way to use japanese letters on a Pokemon made in Pokesav? Because everytime I try, it just appears as ? marks. And yes, I do have the Eastern languages pack installed. I downloaded a file from the Pkmn Database called "Pokemon JP Names" Which is all the Pokemon's names in JP and supposedly "already decoded" or something like that. I tried copying and pasting one of the names into Pokesav and it still appeared as a bunch of ? marks. How do you guys do it, if possible?
Use Microsoft Applocale

J

Jackreyes

I tried adding pokemon through pokesav but the pokedex doesn't show me as having them.
Is there a way to activate this?

kain125

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it will show me the items i put in the game, but not the pokemon, what am i doing wrong?

Edit: Nvm it just decided to work. I dont know what i did but it now works.

damio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jackreyes said:
I tried adding pokemon through pokesav but the pokedex doesn't show me as having them.
Is there a way to activate this?
Try hatching them. This will register them in the dex or you can trade them

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OP has been updated with the links to other two pokemon threads that are now unpinned..
Pokemon Save Editor?, ALL Pokesave Questions in Here!
Pokesav .pkmn file collection

We're cleaning up a bit..

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need some help with this. I've done some editing to my pokemon and added a few to my boxes, the game starts up and plays normally and I can see the added pokemon in my box's by logging on to the PC in the center. But when I try to view my party pokemon from the X button menu the game freezes on a black screen. There are other problems to, when I encounter a wild pokemon the game freezes. Also when I am looking at my pokemon in my boxes and go to the party pokemon it just has the ? symbol in the party slots. I can't move any pokemon into my party because it says its full, but I can't see anything in there! Please help as this is an awesome hack and I want to have it ready to give to my nephew for christmas with his flash cart.

damio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you used an AR code, you put too many in at one time.
If you didn't make sure they are legal. use Legality checker (formerly legit check) if they dont work that could have mucked up your game

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
RhiGhost said:
Need some help with this. I've done some editing to my pokemon and added a few to my boxes, the game starts up and plays normally and I can see the added pokemon in my box's by logging on to the PC in the center. But when I try to view my party pokemon from the X button menu the game freezes on a black screen. There are other problems to, when I encounter a wild pokemon the game freezes. Also when I am looking at my pokemon in my boxes and go to the party pokemon it just has the ? symbol in the party slots. I can't move any pokemon into my party because it says its full, but I can't see anything in there! Please help as this is an awesome hack and I want to have it ready to give to my nephew for christmas with his flash cart.

Hmm... I have no idea what to do in this situation, but I would delete the .sav file, (Keep a backup if necessary) and start all over again. But, if i was your nephew, I would prefer not to play with a hacked game. :/

Good Luck!

master.jimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have original cartrige of pokemon diamond, I want MEWTWO (also in lev1-normal stats) but i haven't in the previous game (GBA). I'm thinking to create it with this editor in lev1 but i want to do it PERFECTLY normal, i'll feed-build on my own, but i need the exact stats, info about this. I'll excanghe online with a friend (from my R4), then he'll exchange again with me but towards my ORIGINAL cartridge pokemon D.
Where can i find all the info requested in this save editor about this pokemon?
Will it works? Or my pok will be online banned?
Are there any procedure to do this in a more "regular" way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1